'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There seems to be some natural law that make the "bargain hunters" always try to convince other people (or really themselves?) that cheaper option are "just as good" as more expensive ones. Fact is that it very seldom is true....

Except if your talking about Stihl and husky. Then the cheaper option is better LOL. Sorry, I meant value packed option :)

There seems to be some natural law that make the "bargain hunters" always try to convince other people (or really themselves?) that cheaper option are "just as good" as more expensive ones. Fact is that it very seldom is true....
This happens regularly on all the saw forums I visit, no surprices involved - and rather vicious argumentation for the choise is more the rule, than the exeption. Facts are ignored.
Btw, the 620 isn't an Echo design, it is a rebranded Shindaiwa - it helps, but doesn't make it a stellar saw.

Echo owns Shindaiwa, 99% of those interested in these saws know that, no value added.

When you say "Facts are ignored" all I hear is "my subjective, collected statements are ignored".

You have again, never touched the saw. Its pathetic and shows you long standing discord for these saws. Are they the best in ever category? No, but neither is any brand saw, their are always improvements to be made. I do believe that the inexpensive option can be as good or better then the more expensive one. I have ran a 562 and a 620and can tell you that the little 562 oiler wouldn't last with a longer bar, is not "pounds" lighter and with a full wrap much more expensive then the 620.

I don't care that you don't like Echo, but it detracts and degrades informative sites like these, when individuals with zero experience with a piece of equipment sit back and arm chair quarter back its weaknesses, it just looks juvenile.

Except if your talking about Stihl and husky. Then the cheaper option is better LOL. Sorry, I meant value packed option :)
What does Husqvarna/Stihl have that compares to the 590 @ $399 or less OTD?
What does Husqvarna/Stihl have that compares to the 620 in the same price/performance range?

Not to mention their CS which has been downright terrible for most and OK for some.

What does Husqvarna/Stihl have that compares to the 590 @ $399 or less OTD?
What does Husqvarna/Stihl have that compares to the 620 in the same price/performance range?

Not to mention their CS which has been downright terrible for most and OK for some.

I said I would own one, just would not buy one til they improved more. Isn't that good enough for you? Or do I have to agree with every little thing you say for you to be happy? Echo's prices are getting up there for what they are. Just looking at my potential purchase on the 800. They only offer it in the basic form and want over $800 for it. Why would I do that when I can get a 390 for $100 more.

I said I would own one, just would not buy one til they improved more. Isn't that good enough for you? Or do I have to agree with every little thing you say for you to be happy? Echo's prices are getting up there for what they are. Just looking at my potential purchase on the 800. They only offer it in the basic form and want over $800 for it. Why would I do that when I can get a 390 for $100 more.

I am not asking for you to agree, just what rival those two saws for the price. I personnally would not buy a 800 for that reason.

I fail to understand why this is a stickie - even though it is a step forward for Echo, the model still is overweight for the power output (even without the "W" option), and has other issues as well.....

Please elaborate with detailed descriptions of the issues with the Echo CS-620P........

.......preferably after you've ran one for a lengthy amount of time.

-------------------

SawTroll, I've come to the conclusion that you wouldn't say anything nice about an Echo chainsaw even if they made a "perfect" chainsaw that splendidly combined the very best features of Echo, Husqvarna, Stihl, Dolmar, etc.

As to Echo using Shindaiwa designs, what about the CS-600P? The CS-590 for $400.00? Do you flame the manufacturers that you like because they use designs from companies that they purchased/merged with? What about Husqvarna and Jonsered using Partner designs?

Another conclusion--Either you're a stubborn and close-minded old (expletive omitted), or you enjoy being contrary. My thinking is you're both. What makes that even worse is at times your knowledge and research is very useful and impressive.

------------------

The Echo CS-800 has very rarely been considered competitive in price, performance, power-to-weight ratio, etc., even by Echo enthusiast.

I got my JRed 2260 for less than a 620p
only problem with that statement is its only half true. Strip a 620 down to PHO and it will be less than the 2260. compare apples to apples not apples to oranges. A 620PW with 20" RSN oregon bar will go out the door for $650 ish. 2260 standard handle with a 20" will be $675-700 ish. How much is that 2260W again? Another thing to consider is if you would walk in to a local dealer you will most likely pay quite a bit more for both saws.

Disclosure to everyone. i sold chris his 2260 and even when he asked about other saws i pointed him back to the 2260. For his purpose a 2260 seemed a better fit.

If you guys want to bash Stihl...I'm all for it :rock: but lets keep it honest about the rest of em. they have good points and bad. echo is bigger and heavier than a husky/jred. deal with it. For the most part i only run Dolly's but im willing to deal with their extra weight and bulk....and willing to admit that they are bigger and heavier than the competition.

Please elaborate with detailed descriptions of the issues with the Echo CS-620P........

.... .

Even if you were right in your speculations, it wouldn't change the fact that the saw is what it is = heavy and a little down on power compared to the best 60cc saws - and then there are the looks and ergonomics. I'm not saying it is a bad saw, just that it doesn't quite make the "premium" class.

The only real issue I know of is that the forward extension of the tank tends to break were the handlebar attaches to it.

Even if you were rught in your speculations, it wouldn't change the fact that the saw is what it is = heavy and a little down on power compared to the best 60cc saws - and then there are the looks and ergonomics. I'm not saying it is a bad saw, just that it doesn't quite make the "premium" class.

The only real issue I know of is that the forward extension of the tank tends to break were the handlebar attaches to it.

Fair enough....as far as your response goes.

Are the "premium" 60cc class chainsaw flawless?

At what point does a few extra ounces in weight and few less RPMs stop a saw from being "premium?"

Are "premium" saws really that much better in real use?

What ergonomic issues does the CS-620 have? Are they "severe" enough to make a real difference, or are they more a matter of personal preference?

To paraphrase what others on AS have posted:

If a few ounces of weight bothers you, you need to quit using chainsaws, or get in better shape.

I think I would like to try one of the Echo 620p I don't think I can feel the weight difference just by holding the saw I have watched Reeds vid,s and his saw appear to be as stout as anything I have ever ran in stock form now I have never owned a 562 or ran one for that matter so I don't feel qualified to say this is better than that. If the new Echo saws are as tough as the old trimmer that my Wife bought me in 95 you would use one for many years

Even if you were right in your speculations, it wouldn't change the fact that the saw is what it is = heavy and a little down on power compared to the best 60cc saws - and then there are the looks and ergonomics. I'm not saying it is a bad saw, just that it doesn't quite make the "premium" class.

Odd that in all the saws displayed here in this thread, not one person has complained of that. I haven't seen photos or videos either so not sure about the validity of that just yet.

Have you ran all the "best 60cc saws" in your self defined "premium" class? Is that why the 562 clutch cover is silver ;)

I would rather have a little extra aluminum or magnisum built into my saw then complain about the "weight" of a saw. You know what kicks my bee-hind? Moving 70-80# rounds of wood, not carrying the 620, maybe try both and touch base :)

Maybe its personnal taste but I do not think the 562XP looks better, let alone "premium".

562xpwrap.png

Random video comparisons mostly are useless, as way to many variables aren't properly eliminated, or there are no info about them. The chain usually are the most important variable to eliminate, but then there are carb setting and the operator, and more.
This does of course also mean that they are very easy to "manipulate" to "prove" anything you want to - if you have an agenda......

Quoted from another thread, you are treading on the line of only trusting first hand experience (of which you have none, for this saw, correct?) or dealer information (cause the seller would never actively try and sell you something, right?)

I know you are just voicing your thoughts and I respect that. Carry on...

No chainsaws are perfect, or flawless - but some are closer than others.

I've never owned a chainsaw but am looking for a solid "one saw plan" and need to cut at least 24-28" Oak... What do I buy?

Back