'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why not a cs 800p nobody ever messes with those saws.
a base gasket delete and muffler mod awakens a beast.

Even Echo fans have reservations about the 800, even back when it was new, before it became dated. It's a case of "There are better options that are worth the extra money" being true.

Used for for a good price is a different story ;).

Or 40:1 with Echo Red Armor which is .81 US Gallons to 1 bottle (2.6oz I believe?)

OK too far off track how those Echos doing lol

8000 is a torque monster but slow as **** if you time it against its competitors. never ran one that was modded though. Very well built and i personally love the manual oiler on them. If they are anything like the rest of the echo lineup i bet a base gasket delete and mm would turn them into a strong competitor. price wise they arent bad though....800 with a 36" bar is about the same money as a 372 PHO/7910 w/20" bar IIRC

8000 is a torque monster but slow as **** if you time it against its competitors. never ran one that was modded though. Very well built and i personally love the manual oiler on them. If they are anything like the rest of the echo lineup i bet a base gasket delete and mm would turn them into a strong competitor. price wise they arent bad though....800 with a 36" bar is about the same money as a 372 PHO/7910 w/20" bar IIRC

Sure doesn't have the RPM's of my 7900 or my 385xt but cutting speed is real close with a good aggressive chain, use that torque. The CS8000 has done real good at GTG's. Steve

Or 40:1 with Echo Red Armor which is .81 US Gallons to 1 bottle (2.6oz I believe?)

OK too far off track how those Echos doing lol

I know how they're not doing. I'm patching up my wounds for mentioning in other threads that Echo makes a fine saw. HOLD ON!.......................................Sorry, I had to change the bandages on my azz. Good thing I can type as well, can't see much out of these black and blue swollen eyes. Sorry guys, gotta go...coach wants me back in the ring over at the Stihl thread.

This is what I think after using them both on good sized wood the last few days (posted to answer a question in the firewood thread):

Honestly, the 555 hybrid is a good saw, but not as good, for me, as the 620. The 555 would make a better small limbing bucking saw as the 620 has way more pulling power, better handle, more aggressive dawgs, better at noodling/discharging saw dust and just stouter then the 555 if that makes sence. I did all the cutting/felling/bucking today with the 555, it is a great saw to have in the 'tool box' but the 620 is my go to.

Latest posts

Back