'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It s almost sad the reaction these saws evoke... silly silly let the haters hate. You interested in that wrap? Id def use able after A little work.

It s almost sad the reaction these saws evoke... silly silly let the haters hate. You interested in that wrap? Id def use able after A little work.

It's just human nature, with a lot of things, not just chainsaws. People get used to things being a certain way for so long...change is hard. One day a product comes along and starts to challenge the norm. Guys start acting like spoiled little brats when a little of their share starts being taken away.

I love everything about cutting wood, running my chainsaws, and being self sufficient by heating our home with wood. There are some really good saws on the market of various brands (I would own). The problem is, when you have no challengers (or not many), you get complacent. The price vs. performance ratio of Stihl (for example) has been eroding for years compared to other brands. Most will agree that Echo has made quality saws for a long time. They just never quite gave the pro guys what they were looking for. That is changing. Echo's price vs. performance is resetting the bar in the industry and the professionals are paying attention.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Whether fans of the other brands know it or not, this is a good thing. Those brands are not going to stand by and let anyone (let alone Echo) beat them up. They will adapt and we will see an improvement in their price vs. performance ratio. We will all win in the end.

EDIT: This wasn't necessarily directed towards you Reed, just talking.

[QUOTE="Idahonative, post: 5474219,]It's just human nature, with a lot of things, not just chainsaws. People get used to things being a certain way for so long...change is hard. One day a product comes along and starts to challenge the norm. Guys start acting like spoiled little brats when a little of their share starts being taken away.

I love everything about cutting wood, running my chainsaws, and being self sufficient by heating our home with wood. There are some really good saws on the market of various brands. The problem is, when you have no challengers (or not many), you get complacent. The price vs. performance ratio of Stihl (for example) has been eroding for years compared to other brands. Most will agree that Echo has made quality saws for a long time. They just never quite gave the pro guys what they were looking for. That is changing. Echo's price vs. performance is resetting the bar in the industry and the professionals are paying attention.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Whether fans of the other brands know it or not, this is a good thing. Those brands are not going to stand by let anyone (let alone Echo) beat them up. They will adapt and we will see an improvement in their price vs. performance ratio. We will all win in the end.

EDIT: This wasn't necessarily directed towards you Reed, just talking.[/QUOTE]
No I hear you and agree... gonna try and straighten out the handle for big block and get this 555xp ready for its new owner. :)

It's just human nature, with a lot of things, not just chainsaws. People get used to things being a certain way for so long...change is hard. One day a product comes along and starts to challenge the norm. Guys start acting like spoiled little brats when a little of their share starts being taken away.

I love everything about cutting wood, running my chainsaws, and being self sufficient by heating our home with wood. There are some really good saws on the market of various brands (I would own). The problem is, when you have no challengers (or not many), you get complacent. The price vs. performance ratio of Stihl (for example) has been eroding for years compared to other brands. Most will agree that Echo has made quality saws for a long time. They just never quite gave the pro guys what they were looking for. That is changing. Echo's price vs. performance is resetting the bar in the industry and the professionals are paying attention.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Whether fans of the other brands know it or not, this is a good thing. Those brands are not going to stand by let anyone (let alone Echo) beat them up. They will adapt and we will see an improvement in their price vs. performance ratio. We will all win in the end.

EDIT: This wasn't necessarily directed towards you Reed, just talking.

Nice avatar bud !!!!!!:drinking:

Yeah of allthe new top handle saws i think japan makes the most performing engi.e out there 201is a joke vs the 355 or 360 id like to sewhat the new 355t14 has to offer for $200 less than the stihl 201Turd

[Now i look like a cheep a$$ i have been using my poulan pro 46cc piped saw for milling with a stock 20" bar and a carlton chain QUOTE="Big Block, post: 5474612, member: 134239"]I have been checking out the milling threads some good info there. We (wolfman jake my bro) and I are in the process of making his 10 mil 044 a milling saw[/QUOTE]

Back