'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will find out how i like the 620pw. my 2260 only lasted a couple months. the 590 lasted a couple months. 6400 has already been around for a couple months but will probably go down the road to a local guy this fall(already have a 7900 and soon to have a 7910H so no real need for a 6400). the 6100 is getting ready to head down the road after almost 2 yrs. yes i liked it that much that i kept it for 2 yrs. If the 620 makes it more than a couple months you can consider it a victory for echo. If i dont like them or they dont impress me they go down the road pretty quickly. smooth, easy starting, trouble free are mandatory items for me....if it fails in any one of those categories it is gone.

Different uses need different saws. What didn't you like about the 2260?
vibration. felt smooth while running it and when i got done using it 5 minutes later my hands started tingling. randomly it would take 10 pulls or so to start when it was warm. worthless bucking spikes.

Edit just to be clear.

I never even looked into the 10 pull warm starts because it was so random that it didnt concern me that much so it may have just needed more time on it for autotune to settle in since i have never heard back from the proud new owner of it. The vibes were what killed that saw for me along with the absolutely worthless spikes.

vibration. felt smooth while running it and when i got done using it 5 minutes later my hands started tingling. randomly it would take 10 pulls or so to start when it was warm. worthless bucking spikes.

Edit just to be clear.

I never even looked into the 10 pull warm starts because it was so random that it didnt concern me that much so it may have just needed more time on it for autotune to settle in since i have never heard back from the proud new owner of it. The vibes were what killed that saw for me along with the absolutely worthless spikes.
My 550xp takes 8 pulls to start. Very annoying. Think it's going on Craigslist soon. Doesn't do anything for me anymore and I hate an outboard clutch. I bought a junkie 044 for less than $300 that starts in 4 pulls.

Might try a 5105. Never had a dolmar.

I hate the outboard clutches as well. Can't remove the power head if the bar gets pinched and they sure are a pain if you start noodling. That 2260 started in 4 pulls cold every time and 1 warm unless it through a fit. Then it was 6-12 pulls. I almost had to nitpick that 2260 to find problems except for the starting issue. The vibes were just me because everyone else that has run one thinks they are very smooth

I've had successful re-starts by stopping the 550/562 with the choke. Then re-starting in the "high idle" position if warm, choke again if cold. Otherwise I was almost ready to sell them both. Seems like they run so efficient and lean that the extra shot of fuel helps the re-start.

I've had successful re-starts by stopping the 550/562 with the choke. Then re-starting in the "high idle" position if warm, choke again if cold. Otherwise I was almost ready to sell them both. Seems like they run so efficient and lean that the extra shot of fuel helps the re-start.
Try that with a dolly and you'll have it so flooded you won't ever get it restarted :laugh:

Stay bone stock for awhile. Probably for as long as I can stand it. It will be a demo Saw as well as my personal saw.

If it is boring to run then that will change things a bit

Here is my only 2260 complaint......
7e522ae3cd36a36c4f21f000ba50888f.jpg
failed to reset the decomp after it popped. Compression is bumped and it was 25° outside. Dealer replaced no questions asked, and keeps one on hand for me.

FYI. I just installed a total super bar on a 590. The adjuster holes need enlarged. The 620 and 590 use a different adjuster pin and the 590 one is larger with a slight taper to it. It will only go half way through the adjuster hole before bottoming out and if the bar nuts are tightened i bet it will result in a broke clutch cover.

I had a line on an Echo CS590 that was supposedly (I never actually saw it) new, never used, for $200.00.

Today I hit a couple of pawn shops and wound up with a barely used--former Home Depot saw--Makita DCS6421 for $230.00 out the door.

My thinking is the Dolmar/Makita has more upgrade options should they be wanted or needed. As for parts being hard to get, the usual consumables shouldn't be a problem, and I'm not worried about dealer support for a no warranty used saw that won't be used professionally.

The high idle alone should fix the hard start . My Husky dealer says that's the secret with these AT saws .

Latest posts

Back