1970 franklin 130 opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozerman37

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i might be getting a "1970 130 franklin cable skidder" in trade for my small farm tractor. runs great saw it hitch a log yesterday. anyone run these old ones before? things i should look out for? any words are greatly appreciated. thank you.

196628d1314321579-img_5419-9-jpg

Looks to be in good condition .
Sorry I can't offer any info on the machine but it looks to have been looked after , anything around here from the seventies looks like it has been beat to death twice LOL !

franklin

196628d1314321579-img_5419-9-jpg

Looks to be in good condition .
Sorry I can't offer any info on the machine but it looks to have been looked after , anything around here from the seventies looks like it has been beat to death twice LOL !

oh yea there is ALOT of beat machines around here in western MA and VT.

Now that I have time for a longer response....LOL They are a great machine, very dependable ( if you've taken halfway decent care of them), VERY ECONOMICAL! easy on fuel, stable on steep slopes, easy to work on..... The only down side??? they don't turn quite as tight as a JD440 nor are they as fast but they more than make up for it.

Now that I have time for a longer response....LOL They are a great machine, very dependable ( if you've taken halfway decent care of them), VERY ECONOMICAL! easy on fuel, stable on steep slopes, easy to work on..... The only down side??? they don't turn quite as tight as a JD440 nor are they as fast but they more than make up for it.

Just wondering .............. how do they more than make up for it, if they can't turn as tight and are slower? And they are out of business.

Sam

They are very reliable and have a LOW operating cost. They also sit the ground better and will walk into and out of holes that leave my deere begging for mercy and they will do it pulling a trip of logs. They are also easier to work on. Don't get me wrong I like my deere's better but I wouldn't hesitate to go back in the woods with a franklin and they are still in business.

What's the current value of a franklin 130 in nice usable condition? Chains on front tires at 80% perkins engine?

Back