2 Man Gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No..its was provided to the forum with redbulls results..ive never compared or even tried it.
Ummmmm ...................
so you were told to leave it in there !! (along with others)

**EDIT**
OK, I am not trying to knock Redbull, he isn't the only one who has stated that the cage should be left in there for best results.

I just haven't had the same results

Ummmmm ...................
so you were told to leave it in there !! (along with others)

**EDIT**
OK, I am not trying to knock Redbull, he isn't the only one who has stated that the cage should be left in there for best results.

I just haven't had the same results

Like i said i never compared them directly , i thought the gutted ones ran better but that was just a seat of the pants feel..i dont time my cuts.

Like i said i never compared them directly , i thought the gutted ones ran better but that was just a seat of the pants feel..i dont time my cuts.

I am with you on this !
That saw mdavlee posted has a 50" bar on it and he is noodling.:surprised3: :chainsaw:
He is a burly kind of a guy - probably not too short on strength :muscle:, and the saw handle is flexing pretty good in that video
IIRC, that muffler mod looks like this now, and used to have a cage in it. NO WAY would the caged version pull that 50" like that, heck it couldn't even pull a 36" like that ............................ I should know, its my saw :dancing:

Attachments

• 066-660.jpg
    066-660.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 7
More compression of already burned gasses ?
I am not understanding what you mean
A 2 cycle engine spits out a bit of raw fuel in the exhaust stroke and part of the baxk pressure is to get it back in the cylinder and also raises the compression cause of rebound from pressure and sound waves. How often do you se just an open exhaust port or straight pipe on a 2 cycle engine? If wide open exhaust was good for 2 stroke engines then you wouldn't se any pipe or canister on them. 4 stroke engines are a different story

I don't know why those two guys presumed I was talking about them (I can play that game too!)

But I'm sure their new avatars are well deserved.

Now if they did come to a GTG, would they be holding hands???

Your a good time mike , better than most accountants...that must be that shadow thing.

Of course we would hold hands..were the bobsie boys.

A 2 cycle engine spits out a bit of raw fuel in the exhaust stroke and part of the baxk pressure is to get it back in the cylinder and also raises the compression cause of rebound from pressure and sound waves. How often do you se just an open exhaust port or straight pipe on a 2 cycle engine? If wide open exhaust was good for 2 stroke engines then you wouldn't se any pipe or canister on them. 4 stroke engines are a different story

These mufflers are not a tuned pipe, all they are is a tin can with 2 openings (sometimes more).
If your theory is correct, why then did Stihl remove the cage from their M-Tronic saws ?

Attachments

• Tin cans.jpg
    Tin cans.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 9
Mopar, even outlets in a tin can can be modified to establish a pulse that is in since with the engine at certain RPMS, but admittedly a guessing game to get there. I thing that is why they usually recommend the outlet be a certain percentage of the inlet.

Chainsaws are not like most other motors, only have to perform at WOT.

Mopar, even outlets in a tin can can be modified to establish a pulse that is in since with the engine at certain RPMS, but admittedly a guessing game to get there. I thing that is why they usually recommend the outlet be a certain percentage of the inlet.

Chainsaws are not like most other motors, only have to perform at WOT.

I have not seen a single saw with a single outlet @ 80% run better than a single outlet @ 100%
This saw

Has this opening (see picture) with no inside cage.
This opening isnt exactely 80%, its significantly bigger

My definition of better is more power, like to pull a longer bar

Attachments

• 2015-01-08 Exhst opening.jpg
    2015-01-08 Exhst opening.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 6
These mufflers are not a tuned pipe, all they are is a tin can with 2 openings (sometimes more).
If your theory is correct, why then did Stihl remove the cage from their M-Tronic saws ?
The 026 dont have a inner baffle either. But yes that canister does help send a sound wave back into your jug to increase compression. If you dont think so then just put a screen on ur jug exhaust port and run a gallon or 2 through your saw. They way your speaking is youl make lots more power without your canister cause it will be as free flowing as it gets

The 026 dont have a inner baffle either. But yes that canister does help send a sound wave back into your jug to increase compression. If you dont think so then just put a screen on ur jug exhaust port and run a gallon or 2 through your saw. They way your speaking is youl make lots more power without your canister cause it will be as free flowing as it gets
Plus that would also save you time and make your saw lighter

I never said a wide open and free flowing exhaust was best, I do question your pressure wave rebound thing in a muffler.
You can stand 4 feet away from my 066 or 661 and feel the pressure, so obviousely the can does have some pressure inside it.
A tuned pipe directs the pressure wave, but it MUST be very precise to take advantage of the supercharging effect - the tin can muffler is not.
You need to relax and stop putting words to things that arent there

Latest posts

Back