2 Man Gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mopar, even outlets in a tin can can be modified to establish a pulse that is in since with the engine at certain RPMS, but admittedly a guessing game to get there. I thing that is why they usually recommend the outlet be a certain percentage of the inlet.

Chainsaws are not like most other motors, only have to perform at WOT.
Very true.

Mopar, even outlets in a tin can can be modified to establish a pulse that is in since with the engine at certain RPMS
Is this "pulse" that you speak of only seen with your glasses ? May I borrow them ?

But yes that canister does help send a sound wave back into your jug to increase compression.
So sound now increases compression ? No wonder my loud saws make more power ............... no - wait !! The sound is getting out so they MUST be slower ?

Very true.

Yes, the "turbo entabulator" video is 100% true as well

Is this "pulse" that you speak of only seen with your glasses ? May I borrow them ?

So sound now increases compression ? No wonder my loud saws make more power ............... no - wait !! The sound is getting out so they MUST be slower ?

Yes, the "turbo entabulator" video is 100% true as well

Yep sound waves create a pressure wave . Gun shots thunder from lightning the sonic boom. The percussion and back pressure forces some of the fuel and air back in to your jug on a 2 stroke and increases the compression in the jug. Try a short straight pipe on ur saw or no muff at all and make some cuts and se if ur saw makes more power opened up vs with ur exhaust. But you wont make the rpm or the power. Do a you tube vid for us to see

I have seen some real strong 066/660's after a good muffler mod. You MUST remove the cage and let them breathe !!
:yes:

Gotta wonder why a 440 muffler came hollow ? And a 660 didnt ?

My guess would be for more compression in the jug to help prevent wear and tear on bearings with the bigger piston and longer stroke.
:dizzy:
Wouldn't more compression cause more stress, wear, and tear on the bearings ?;)

These mufflers are not a tuned pipe, all they are is a tin can with 2 openings (sometimes more).
If your theory is correct, why then did Stihl remove the cage from their M-Tronic saws ? :dumb2:

Yep sound waves create a pressure wave . Gun shots thunder from lightning the sonic boom. The percussion and back pressure forces some of the fuel and air back in to your jug on a 2 stroke and increases the compression in the jug. Try a short straight pipe on ur saw or no muff at all and make some cuts and se if ur saw makes more power opened up vs with ur exhaust. But you wont make the rpm or the power. Do a you tube vid for us to see

Now we have sonic booms inside our cages inside the mufflers ?:dumb2:

These mufflers are not a tuned pipe, all they are is a tin can with 2 openings (sometimes more).
If your theory is correct, why then did Stihl remove the cage from their M-Tronic saws ? :dumb2:

This is getting old bikemike ............. its impossible to direct sound and/or pressure waves with a cage in a tin can. If you believe the cage helps, run it all you like, it makes no difference to me. Your theorys of gun shots, thunder, sonic booms, etc ..... do not apply to a cage in a tin can. If what you state is true, show me your 066 with a tin can in the muffler with a 50" setup that runs stronger than the video already posted, or any saw of yours that is tuned correctly and has the rattle box inside of it running stronger than the same muffler without the rattle box. :dumb2: :crazy2:
Time to stop replying to you until you put your video where your theory is

A tin can with holes is no where near as effective as a tuned pipe, but it still matters.

Exhaust gas has 10 X the volume of intake (due to heat). Every engine generates a pulse of exhaust gas as it runs. If you can find the optimum venting of your exhaust to match the engine's exhaust pulse, you will have a better running engine.

Opening a muffler from stock almost always helps, but there will be a point when you hit diminishing returns. A ported motor will need much more exhaust outlet than a non ported one.

A tin can with holes is no where near as effective as a tuned pipe, but it still matters.

Exhaust gas has 10 X the volume of intake (due to heat). Every engine generates a pulse of exhaust gas as it runs. If you can find the optimum venting of your exhaust to match the engine's exhaust pulse, you will have a better running engine.

Opening a muffler from stock almost always helps, but there will be a point when you hit diminishing returns. A ported motor will need much more exhaust outlet than a non ported one.
This isn't just about the exit opening ............it is more about the tin can inside the muffler. The dizzying, confusing, and contradicting statements made have been all over the map.
My guess would be for more compression in the jug to help prevent wear and tear on bearings with the bigger piston and longer stroke. Just a guess

The best muffler mod is a old steel funnel bolted to the exhaust port. Loud pipe save lives

A 2 cycle engine spits out a bit of raw fuel in the exhaust stroke and part of the baxk pressure is to get it back in the cylinder and also raises the compression cause of rebound from pressure and sound waves. How often do you se just an open exhaust port or straight pipe on a 2 cycle engine? If wide open exhaust was good for 2 stroke engines then you wouldn't se any pipe or canister on them. 4 stroke engines are a different story

The 026 dont have a inner baffle either. But yes that canister does help send a sound wave back into your jug to increase compression.

What size pipe would you like to see?

Yes that is awesome. Someone out there understands a 2 stroke engine.

:dizzy:
Wouldn't more compression cause more stress, wear, and tear on the bearings ?;)

Now we have sonic booms inside our cages inside the mufflers ?:dumb2:

This is getting old bikemike ............. its impossible to direct sound and/or pressure waves with a cage in a tin can. If you believe the cage helps, run it all you like, it makes no difference to me. Your theorys of gun shots, thunder, sonic booms, etc ..... do not apply to a cage in a tin can. If what you state is true, show me your 066 with a tin can in the muffler with a 50" setup that runs stronger than the video already posted, or any saw of yours that is tuned correctly and has the rattle box inside of it running stronger than the same muffler without the rattle box. :dumb2: :crazy2:
Time to stop replying to you until you put your video where your theory is
Didnt they say that muff mod was only 80% and i never said to keep a baffle or cage in the canister

Latest posts

Back