2 saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 saw plan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Using electronics to call in foxes? Are foxes the new coyote or wolf or something? Gotta kill them all?

The foxpro is just a brand like johnny stewart. It's the entry level caller at $200. They go up to almost $600. I've not had any luck with mouth calls so I wanted to try the electronic route.

Dont you feel like you have crossed the precipice from hunting to something that is, well, not hunting?

It is still hunting. It sounds easy, but its more work than sitting in a tree waiting on a deer to walk by. Gotta do it right or youll be empty handed.....which is what usually happens anyways.

I read somewhere you see 1 of 10 that is there. I'm trying to increase my odds to kill some. They're a nuisance and will kill calves that means losing $$$. If I had a partner I would night hunt them too.

Mike, I think if I were you I would go with the 372/3120 option because you are so used to the Husqvarna handle bar.

Sorry they are killing calves. .

Some friends of mine seen one chasing a small calf in the middle of the day out in a big field with houses less than 100 yds away. I'm trying to get ahold of the landowner to see if I can hunt his land there. When they get hungry they will go after calves. With the cold weather and snow my grandpas lost 2 cows and 2 calves here in the last month.

I've never handled a 088 to say if I would like it better. The 3120 is a bit bulky but if I strap it on a mill it should work great.

I read somewhere you see 1 of 10 that is there. I'm trying to increase my odds to kill some. They're a nuisance and will kill calves that means losing $$$. If I had a partner I would night hunt them too.

I read the same Mike. About any farmer around here will let us coyote hunt, even the ones that tell us hell no to any other kind of hunting. A guy has a farm leased that joins me. Has about 30 cows with calves most of the time, and I guess the coyotes get 4 or so calves a year.

I'm in the learning curve right now. I've got lucky and happened on them before. I've called them in at night but couldn't get a shot. I had 3 come out when I was deer hunting once. I had 5 shots in a 308. I hit the big one in front as it was turning in circles as one went right under the hill and the 3rd ran straight at me for some reason. I was standing in a field at the time and missed the 3rd one with the other 4 shots. Freehand shooting excited is real hard.:sweat:

asset.php
asset.php

I voted for the 660-880 but would prefer a 441-660 over any of those.

The coyotes are thick this year, we have caught them just sitting in the fields during daylight waiting for the geese to come in. The AR has been hard at work making sure the coyote population is healthy.

I'm thinking of getting another AR to hunt with. I've had 2 but they weren't flattops. I might get the parts and build one like I want.

I've never run a 441. I like the 372 best in that class saw. I've had all of them but the 441. The only thing is I want to maybe mill a little bit and thinking the 90cc saws might be a bit small for 24" wide oak.

I could use some lessons. The 2 that I lucked upon was at my house. I was sittin on the porch and herd 1 howling a ways off. Ran in the house and got the sks that I leaved stuffed in the closet and grabbed the caller and went out to the wood pile. Called for about 20 seconds and waited about 1 minute and there he came. Solid black male. Cut down on him and seen another one to the left and got him. Both were males. Other than that, I suck at calling.

jpg_thumb.gif

This is a flat top with a removable carry handle I use to mount the 4x ACOG so I can see over my front sight. My other one is a 11.5" pistol with a EoTech Holograph for when they sneak up behind us.

Nice AR there. The 22-250 I've got now does a fine job. It shoots as good as I can for the most part. I was thinking of going to a 6.8 to be a do all gun in one.

I don't know what saws I'll end up with for sure. I like to try a lot of different ones. The big reason for wanting a bigger saw is wanting to mill some boards and slabs out of these big trees.

Latest posts

Back