200T Carbitooter Thread **Official**

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just tried it in my 192t. I couldn't get it to keep a tune. Pulled out the pump and the brass piston was all worn. So I epoxied it. Now it will start and idle. But no matter what I do it falls on it's face when I blip the throttle. So either I got epoxy somewhere I shouldn't, or it just don't work on the 192t carbs...[emoji20]

welp, I told you to post a thread describing symptoms and you would get advice. You might have an air leak somewhere.
Yes. Yes you did! [emoji2] but I'm kind of stubborn and just wanted to try it. I learn by more when I screw up! I only do that on my stuff though. I'm pretty sure it's the carb though. But I've been wrong before. I'll pressure and vac it soon. Pull the carb apart and see if I got epoxy squeezed in anywhere I shouldn't have.

Yes. Yes you did! [emoji2] but I'm kind of stubborn and just wanted to try it. I learn by more when I screw up! I only do that on my stuff though. I'm pretty sure it's the carb though. But I've been wrong before. I'll pressure and vac it soon. Pull the carb apart and see if I got epoxy squeezed in anywhere I shouldn't have.
Did you try a carb kit first? I suppose that carb is oddball and not related to the ms170 or ms250 carbs at all, but I had good luck putting kits in those. Not so much with the ms200 carbs- they were manufactured by Gremlins.

Did you try a carb kit first? I suppose that carb is oddball and not related to the ms170 or ms250 carbs at all, but I had good luck putting kits in those. Not so much with the ms200 carbs- they were manufactured by Gremlins.
No but I did pull it apart and clean it.
I figured since it had an accelerator pump I would try the mod. It's set up the same way as the 200t accelerator pump off the throttle shaft. Ran much better before. I just couldn't get it to hold a tune. Seems that I should have been able to richen up the low screw to compensate. But I went pretty far and it would still fall flat. I've got to spend some time with it. I only had 5 min. Been busy!

You aint tried it yet? ;)

I finally tried it today on 3 of them. 1 of them I tried and it still ain't running worth a sh!#? The saw I put it on is a good running saw so I know that's not it. I didn't use jb weld, i used this putty stuff instead. Don't know if that why it didn't work or not? Still have 2 more to try tomorrow though so hopefully 2 out of 3 will work!

Attachments

• 20150718_224127.jpg
    20150718_224127.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • 20150718_224145.jpg
    20150718_224145.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
I've been trying to do one for a couple days now. Fricken thing has me stumped. Can't get the throttle shaft out to save my life. It's like that shaft is swaged in. I put an 020T spare on but I need that carb for a build. Might have to try a WT215 for this saw.

Can any of you tell me if my carb has an accel pump that needs to be blocked (see photos). It doesn't appear to me to have one....

I ask as my saw has a ever so slight delay off idle, like 0.1 seconds. I just replaced the tank vent, pick up line, tank filter and rebuilt the carb. Before this work the saw would fall on its face. It would idle but couldn't be revved up, it would just bog and then die with almost any throttle.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    673.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    662.2 KB · Views: 47
Can any of you tell me if my carb has an accel pump that needs to be blocked (see photos). It doesn't appear to me to have one....

I ask as my saw has a ever so slight delay off idle, like 0.1 seconds. I just replaced the tank vent, pick up line, tank filter and rebuilt the carb. Before this work the saw would fall on its face. It would idle but couldn't be revved up, it would just bog and then die with almost any throttle.
This is what it would look like . The arrow area.IMG_0057.JPG

Put me down for one more carb fixed by gluing the accelerator pump shut without the spring in it. I've purchased many carb kits thinking the next one would fix it. Replaced the carb intake boot, pulse/fuel line, all that. I think that any 200T that's still around that has an accelerator pump in it, that runs on Northern California pump premium can't possibly run well. At least the accelerator pump is suspect. If the O-ring crumbles, that's a clue. I knew I was on to something when I pulled the shaft out and the piston went flying over my head. Please, if you're having issues with your 200T carb, pull the piston out of the accelerator pump thing and at least look at it. This is what the saw runs like when it has a dried out, leaking accelerator pump piston: Yes I'm a slob and I don't clean up until I'm tripping over previous projects.

Well. Bought a 200T today. Am I ever glad to have found this thread! IT runs pretty strong but has a bog/stumble at low rpm before ramping up into max revs. Idles ok, starts ok, but the tune seems kind of haphazard like its changing constantly. also the idle will be good for 5 minutes of cutting then it seems to speed itself up. Going to check for air leaks first then probably put a carb in it. This thing looks like it’s been dropped from 60ft a few Times. I’ll orobably post a video of its cantankerous personality tommorow.

Finally had time to dig into the saw some more. I can't lie I spent probably 2 hours fiddling with it, cleaning the tank, new fuel filter, pulled the carb twice, cleaned it twice. Still had a bog on the bottom end, with erratic idle, and I felt I was always chasing the carb screws to get it to hold a tune.
Found out it was the fuel line. Made a vidja. MAybe it'll help someone. CAn't wait to get up off the ground and see how she handles in a saddle. I've got 200 bucks into this saw. She's pretty rough looking but I've got high hopes for her. Cylinder was cherry. Piston was solid. Hardy any crank shaft side to side play.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JvlqeAm6DFU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts

Back