2011 Carlton 4012 no low range forward

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoker62

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a 4012 and it has low / high in revers but only high in forward. Pain in the butt on some jobs when you can't move in forward high. I flip the toggle to low and it just try's to go but no luck. Any ideas on where to start ?

It could be something simple as a toggle switch in either the remote or the machine. Have you tried high without the remote being on and running off of the machine only?

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

It could be something simple as a toggle switch in either the remote or the machine. Have you tried high without the remote being on and running off of the machine only?

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Dave, its not a remote machine. Just has the toggle on the back panel for low / high. I flip to high and reverse no problem, forward it trys to move but no go after initial attempt.

I would call Huey at Carlton 800-243-9335. He will be a big help.

Thanks , I will do just that ! I did and he was. Directed me to try cleaning the solenoid on the distribution block first which I will do. Thanks again Dave , and Huey !!

Back