2015 562xp autotune or 2014 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firewood

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well, if your firewood duties involve mostly wood under 18" and or breaking down tops, and or hauling a saw out into the woods with you, then I'd probably take the 562. If your firewood is bigger than that, or delivered to your yard, then I'd probably go with the 372. Just my .02.

That's a tough one. I never ran a 562 but hear very good reviews. The 372 is one of the best ever made. About a pound heavier but 1 hp more. Ryan made great points. Also see what feels better for you.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Got the 372. I figured i would want one anyway! It is a 2011 though.
e87ef518d255f020243ca2820961239d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The 2011 is better than the 2015 372xp. It is the OE, not the x-torq. It doesn't sip gas as well, but it's got lots of other strong points.

The 562xp would make an ideal firewood saw. But there were a couple of revisions they made in 2016 because of "issues" some owners had.

The 372xp should be issue free, aside from maintenance.

I had non X-torq later than 2011, but am in Ireland.
Either way, for a firewood saw, it will be abundantly capable.
Weighs about a 1/4 lb if I remember, more than the 562, but you could always
sell it on and get a lighter saw, or swap it, if you find it too heavy.

Regards and best of luck with your purchase, john

Sure is.
I bet you could have set him up with a nice saw too :).
Picked up a 2016 365xt that was used for storm clean up and he no longer wanted it. Selfie stickers still on it's bottom, 24 inch bar with all it's paint. Tried to explain he could list it on Craigslist and sell it for more. Did not want the hassle, so gave him asking price. Brought it home, disassembled, remove baffles and reassembled. Looked new on inside, just like on outside. I say it's not for sale, but most things have their price. Put a 20" bar with Oregon square ground chain on it, sure is smooth in the cut. That 372 will serve him well, but being paranoid, I would vacuum, compression test it and remove muffler for a look. Oh yea, then open up muffler. Damn kids just can't keep their hands off anything!;)

Picked up a 2016 365xt that was used for storm clean up and he no longer wanted it. Selfie stickers still on it's bottom, 24 inch bar with all it's paint. Tried to explain he could list it on Craigslist and sell it for more. Did not want the hassle, so gave him asking price. Brought it home, disassembled, remove baffles and reassembled. Looked new on inside, just like on outside. I say it's not for sale, but most things have their price. Put a 20" bar with Oregon square ground chain on it, sure is smooth in the cut. That 372 will serve him well, but being paranoid, I would vacuum, compression test it and remove muffler for a look. Oh yea, then open up muffler. Damn kids just can't keep their hands off anything!;)
Sounds like a great saw, figured you had something around :).

Back