"2015 You Suck Thread"-Pictures required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics or the 024 and 08 didnt happen raumati01, thems the rules. P.S nice score, upgrade the 08 to the concrete saw if you can get the parts, as a saw its tough but extremely slow and heavy, as a concrete saw it was more versatile. Just keep your eye on the bearing or the blade will wobble on the cuts. Enjoy

20150619_172913.jpg 20150619_172924.jpg Yard sale on the way to pick my boys up from our church camp. Asked the guy what he knew about the saw. He said it starts and idles but stalls when you give it throttle. I asked if he could show me. It started on the third pull idled and stalled when he gave it throttle. He said ill take less so I ask whats your bottom dollar and he says ill go $12.00!

View attachment 431512 View attachment 431513 Yard sale on the way to pick my boys up from our church camp. Asked the guy what he knew about the saw. He said it starts and idles but stalls when you give it throttle. I asked if he could show me. It started on the third pull idled and stalled when he gave it throttle. He said ill take less so I ask whats your bottom dollar and he says ill go $12.00!

Less than $0.20 per cc? Yeah you suck!

Good thing you only paid $12.00. It leaves plenty of margin to replace that Vanguard chain.
Problem solved I hope!
d9febc098437b59de0735ae0a4f26580.jpg

Pics or the 024 and 08 didnt happen raumati01, thems the rules. P.S nice score, upgrade the 08 to the concrete saw if you can get the parts, as a saw its tough but extremely slow and heavy, as a concrete saw it was more versatile. Just keep your eye on the bearing or the blade will wobble on the cuts. Enjoy

Will post pics tomorrow, I have never seen parts available for a ts350 it only seems to turn up as a post hole borer but thanks for the tip. A guy I bought a pile of saws off a while ago sold me a husky 55, 61, and one and a half 266s along with two 034s on thursday, they turn up on july 2.
I bet the mrs is going to be stoked , I'm just about to sell a bunch of saws and she might have been worried the numbers were starting to get a bit low.

View attachment 431512 View attachment 431513 Yard sale on the way to pick my boys up from our church camp. Asked the guy what he knew about the saw. He said it starts and idles but stalls when you give it throttle. I asked if he could show me. It started on the third pull idled and stalled when he gave it throttle. He said ill take less so I ask whats your bottom dollar and he says ill go $12.00!
I had one that was all busted up, but after 20 years of sitting it fired right up and ran good. I ended up selling it for parts, but I'm sure I kept the carb off that saw... If you end up needing a carb, let me know.

Yup You suck, nice. Find all the yard sales around here are baby clothes and crap. What's it going to take to make it run right adjust carb or rebuild. Man $12.00 sold.
Probably a carb kit! Ill try to get it running while I wait for the kit. Not sure if I had one so I ordered a couple. Cleaned it up a little last night and checked it all out. Looks pretty clean! Paint had oxidation but polished up real nice!

View attachment 432228
Anyone see that 2171 on VT CL for $40?
I got it :D

Story was it was straight gassed early on and then ran on mix gas till it locked up. Clean low hour saw, I doubt it's had 10 tanks of fuel through it.
View attachment 420693

It's a bit dirty from storage but seriously low hours on this saw.

Tore into it and the jug actually looks fine. Very little transfer.
It's a shame, but the big end bearing tossed it's cookies :(
View attachment 420695 View attachment 420696

So not a total "you suck" deal but once I source a good crank and replace that, I'll have a cherry 2171:clap:
About time I got around to fixing this saw up :baaa:
Does anyone have a Jonsered where the black paint on the handlebar hasn't chipped off? Seems like it's the husky clear\silver, it falls off if you look at it wrong.
IMG_0364[1].JPG IMG_0365[1].JPG IMG_0366[1].JPG IMG_0368[1].JPG
IMG_0370[1].JPG

Back