2016 Christmas giveaway

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been looking for the Christmas giveaway thread and cant find it. Since noone has started it i will
Got a mac 1-40 and old mac parts saw to get rid of. The 1-40 runs (badly). Both for postage
Note: same offer on another site. First claim gets it

That looks like an awesome saw! I'll have to find something to offer up on here. I like the McCulloch saws they just seem interesting to me. I will find something to throw in here for you guys that have been good to me

A few rules would be good!
1.) Postage is paid by person receiving said gift (unless otherwise noted by gifter)
2.) Please GIVE and RECEIVE!
3.) Gifts are meant to be kept and used, not flipping.

I will suggest a running list of items with the gifter listed so that people can keep track of what is still available and what has been taken. Just like the raffle threads. If you are a giving a gift add your item and name to the list. Once an item has been claimed we can add "gone or taken" to the line item.

1.) Mac 1-40 x2 - jerrycmorrow
2.) 2x 325 .058 chains of any length - nstueve

I think that it is up to the offerer to decide who receives their item; who covers shipping; etc. - it is theirs to gift. Not necessarily the first person claiming 'dibbs'. Might want to give it to a member who has contributed more, etc. Might want to just get rid of it.

Only 'rules' I would propose are:
- Give as well as receive;
- Accept for personal use, not for 'flipping'.

Philbert

I think that it is up to the offerer to decide who receives their item; who covers shipping; etc. - it is theirs to gift. Not necessarily the first person claiming 'dibbs'. Might want to give it to a member who has contributed more, etc. Might want to just get rid of it.

Only 'rules' I would propose are:
- Give as well as receive;
- Accept for personal use, not for 'flipping'.

Philbert
Sounds good edited above post.

But I would leave the shipping rule intact. If the giver wants to pay for shipping, they can express that at the time they list the item. "shipping free"... Otherwise if you ask for a gift, you should expect to pay the USPS, UPS, fedex bill. I had a couple claimed gifts before that were to outside USA and the shipping bill hurt... OR gifter can list "free shipping 48 CONUS" (continental US). Up to the gifter on shipping this way.

I absolutely agree that if someone is calling dibbs on something they need to put a gift up at the same time to keep things cheerful. I will be putting some items up here to give away as well, prolly some good one use chains or a saw or two.

I absolutely agree that if someone is calling dibbs on something they need to put a gift up at the same time to keep things cheerful. I will be putting some items up here to give away as well, prolly some good one use chains or a saw or two.

I don't think you have to give to receive but even small stuff is appreciated. Couple years back Mark (diggerdad) sent me some long cue tips, and a chunk of a old aluminum road sign and a few small things. Cheap but very helpful to make exhaust blocks and do some other projects!

Never know what might be helpful to others!

I don't think you have to give to receive but even small stuff is appreciated. Couple years back Mark (diggerdad) sent me some long cue tips, and a chunk of a old aluminum road sign and a few small things. Cheap but very helpful to make exhaust blocks and do some other projects!

Never know what might be helpful to others!
That is a good point, I just figured it would keep some people from lurking trying to snag an item before someone else but it is up to the giver who gets the gift and if you need road signs I have quite a few haha

Sounds good edited above post.

But I would leave the shipping rule intact. If the giver wants to pay for shipping, they can express that at the time they list the item. "shipping free"... Otherwise if you ask for a gift, you should expect to pay the USPS, UPS, fedex bill. I had a couple claimed gifts before that were to outside USA and the shipping bill hurt... OR gifter can list "free shipping 48 CONUS" (continental US). Up to the gifter on shipping this way.

Continental US is 49 states. Contiguous US is 48.

That is a good point, I just figured it would keep some people from lurking trying to snag an item before someone else but it is up to the giver who gets the gift.

One way to make it fair to everyone, is to do like radio stations do when they offer prizes or tickets. Pick a caller number, in this case pm number, as the winner. The 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc pm gets it.

A few rules would be good!
1.) Postage is paid by person receiving said gift (unless otherwise noted by gifter)
2.) Please GIVE and RECEIVE!
3.) Gifts are meant to be kept and used, not flipping.

I will suggest a running list of items with the gifter listed so that people can keep track of what is still available and what has been taken. Just like the raffle threads. If you are a giving a gift add your item and name to the list. Once an item has been claimed we can add "gone or taken" to the line item.

1.) Mac 1-40 x2 - jerrycmorrow
2.) 2x 325 .058 chains of any length - nstueve
3.) skill electric saw - brandonstc6

Back