2016 Iowa spring gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A member from another site has started a GoFundMe account in my benefit .
http://www.gofundme.com/em5nku58
For everone that has been asking "what can i do to help" can go here if they would like.
It is a bit overwhelming,but if the table was turned I would help!
Thanks in advance to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A member from another site has started a GoFundMe account in my benefit .
http://www.gofundme.com/em5nku58
For everone that has been asking "what can i do to help" can go here if they would like.
It is a bit overwhelming,but if the table was turned I would help!
Thanks in advance to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went there,,and it said, port orange fla..explain...dont want mistake...

Not goin well on the insurance.
The corn boiler is considered part of the structure,so there goes half the building payment.
Its a crap shoot on the contents,what they think is personal or business.There will be words on this I'm sure!
So i guess i will be lookin for a OWB as cheap as i can find in ok condition.
If any body knows of any let me know.
Looks like the ranger will be ok,but thats not a done deal either.
Lookin at steel buildings ,any suggestions ,comments or help appreciated.

Cheap? Depends how funky you wanna get. Have heard of people dismantling metal corn silos and doing quonset style buildings . Commercial buildings have leftover ceiling beams and metal wall pieces. You can also get architectural salvage of all sorts, just Google

Where is the whitespider when you need him!!!
that aint no laugh!! he probably would know...
I'm here... a little late but I'm here.
olyman sent me a PM to drag my sorry butt out of Political and pay attention to things that really matter.

I am so very sorry hoskvarna, absolutely horrible. I have no other words... I can't imaging how devastated you must feel.

The truth is I'm not gonna' even pretend to give insurance advice on this... other than to say it would be a good idea to take your insurance policy to an attorney and at least have a conversation. Likely any advice from him is gonna' be the most reliable... and he can tell you when, or if, he should maybe become active in the process. I certainly wouldn't agree to anything, or sign anything, or cash any check, without at least a conversation with an attorney.

My first (and only) GTG was at your place... and it was one super nice event. The work you (and yours) put into it was just flat amazing to me. I was so looking forward to being there again this spring. But if this spring is a barn raising rather than a GTG... I'm all in (if I can make the date work). No doubt anyone who would show up for such a thing would be taken back but your hospitality.

Again... I cannot express in words how sorry I am for your loss... my prayers are with you.

New to this site.
Interested in the iowa event.
My father in law and I both are interested in coming.
What is the agenda, or is it a good time with like minded people.
Need to bring anything beside saws.

New to this site.
Interested in the iowa event.
My father in law and I both are interested in coming.
What is the agenda, or is it a good time with like minded people.
Need to bring anything beside saws.
Welcome, Usually get started on Friday, some come early to tinker and bs. Finishing setup and last minute details. Then Friday night have the fryer goin , bring something to share potluck style. Saturday we start with breakfast for those who spent the night. When everyone is ready we wander out to cuttin site and go. Last year was nasty wet, but as a rule we have 75+ people here. I think there was over 250 saws or more. Good time!

From the Hills

Welcome, Usually get started on Friday, some come early to tinker and bs. Finishing setup and last minute details. Then Friday night have the fryer goin , bring something to share potluck style. Saturday we start with breakfast for those who spent the night. When everyone is ready we wander out to cuttin site and go. Last year was nasty wet, but as a rule we have 75+ people here. I think there was over 250 saws or more. Good time!

From the Hills
Are we having a gtg?
I thought it was canceled due to
The fire

Yes we are! Everyone says we cant cancel so we will go with it. May not be as good as other yrs but we will deal with it. If the weather cooperates we can get it cleaned up by 1st of April when new building gets here and at least have it up so have roof and walls.

From the Hills

Yes we are! Everyone says we cant cancel so we will go with it. May not be as good as other yrs but we will deal with it. If the weather cooperates we can get it cleaned up by 1st of April when new building gets here and at least have it up so have roof and walls.

From the Hills
and hows the ins bs going??? get a lawyer as spidey said??

Looking at the dates I may be able to make it for the whole day on this one. Daughters birthday is the weekend before so as of now nothing pending for that weekend.

Sorry for all your losses, hope you get things worked out with the ins. Our prayers will be with ya.

From the Hills
I will try to make it :)

29th and 30th?

Id love to attend if I can get out of soccer (still haven't heard of I'm coaching or not).

Can we tent out overnight for the guys coming from out of town?
JOKING!!! course you never know,, what might happen,, to ex mods..........:D:D scarrr, treemonkey,, and maybe more might be there.. bring that new johnny,, and have them "modify" it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back