2016 Ridgeway Rendezvous Anyone Going?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will enjoy it. The carvers have amazing abilities. I would recommend going later in the wk than earlier to give them a chance to get something carved. Bring a lot of cash if you see something you like. You will take notice to carvers that carve bears and carvers that can truly "carve" a bear.
I saw your post earlier about looking for a local sawmill. Marty from Woodmizer is there with demonstration models. Just incase that interests you. After looking at the new LT15 Id love to upgrade.

Someday, I'd like to have a A-10 carved and mounted on a pedestal...(not to scale of course) :) Thanks for the info, it should be a nice time and it looks like a lot of carvers signed up!

That is half my reason for going up. I am loyal to my Straub's. I will be there on Thurs and Fri. Free sampling at the brewery for those that do not know. Anyone try the new restaurant in St Marys yet?

That is half my reason for going up. I am loyal to my Straub's. I will be there on Thurs and Fri. Free sampling at the brewery for those that do not know. Anyone try the new restaurant in St Marys yet?
what new Restaurant? always up for trying something new! The little place at the airport looks interesting, but never been there

Just opened/reopened up this summer I believe. Italian if I am not mistaken. I will have to do some research before I head up. Gunners and Bennezette Hotel are good food stops. Good chance you will see and elk on the way to the hotel.

We stay with friends just outside of Weedville on Greys Hill and never ended up at the Hotel. Never knew of the Hotel. Tried the Big Trout I believe is the name once.
I try to be as bad as I can and still never get a ton of coal/wood for Christmas. So I felt the avatar was fitting.

I make my own smoked cooper. Do you mean the Willows? Not sure where the tavern is? I always get some cheddar off the block at Wharton.

The Sinnemahoning tavern is right in town of Sinnemahoning... on the left side if you leave the Willows heading west. They also sell the cheddar that the Wharton has. LOL, Nice to chat with people who know the same area. When I mention Sinnamahoning around here, most people say "sinna-ma who?"

After a short conversation, I figured out what the Tavern is. The brown t111 siding that normally has the welcome hunters sign out front. How much do they charge for the smoked coopers? Ive spent some time up that way yrs passed but don't get up as much as I'd like anymore. Almost a 3 hr drive for me. 178 miles to the brewery from my door.

Guys, Is this rendezvous going to turn into some kinda' North PA bar/cheddar cheese tour as the college kids call it? If so I'll bring plenty of crackers. Anyone been to that cock eyed cricket joint over in Austin? Or the old tannery saloon. They got cooper there too. :)

Back