2017 Iowa GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was visiting an area in the Czech Republic called Bohemian Paradise, thought I would share some photos. The region look a bit different from the Hosky hills but there is some corn being grown in the level areas along with wheat, barley, rape seed, oats, and hops.

The hills are sandstone, trees are a mix of conifers and deciduous; beech, chestnut, some I don't recognize.

We did meet a fellow harvesting some firewood on our way in but I neglected to take any photos. The territory is very steep so they cut their logs into about 2 meter lengths and carry them out of the woods to a trailer, final bucking takes place later. Harvest is almost exclusively downhill for obvious reasons. His saw was too far up the hillside for me to go up and help him cut, I'm not sure we could have communicated well enough for that to work out anyway.

20170625_105234.1.jpg

20170625_105254.1.jpg

20170625_110103_009.1.jpg

20170625_114304.1.jpg

20170625_114924_001.1.jpg

This pile of logs was on our way out, there was a lot of evidence of trees being harvested along the major trails, it looks like most of the wood gets hauled out and used.

20170625_130936.1.jpg

Mark

I was visiting an area in the Czech Republic called Bohemian Paradise, thought I would share some photos. The region look a bit different from the Hosky hills but there is some corn being grown in the level areas along with wheat, barley, rape seed, oats, and hops.

The hills are sandstone, trees are a mix of conifers and deciduous; beech, chestnut, some I don't recognize.

We did meet a fellow harvesting some firewood on our way in but I neglected to take any photos. The territory is very steep so they cut their logs into about 2 meter lengths and carry them out of the woods to a trailer, final bucking takes place later. Harvest is almost exclusively downhill for obvious reasons. His saw was too far up the hillside for me to go up and help him cut, I'm not sure we could have communicated well enough for that to work out anyway.

View attachment 587097

View attachment 587098

View attachment 587099

View attachment 587100

View attachment 587101

This pile of logs was on our way out, there was a lot of evidence of trees being harvested along the major trails, it looks like most of the wood gets hauled out and used.

View attachment 587102

Mark

Hi there Mr Mark
Nice scenery.

Sent from Hoskvarna Hills

View attachment 587097

View attachment 587098

View attachment 587099

View attachment 587100

View attachment 587101

View attachment 587102

Mark
youve gots to be the most traveled person in this whole forum..............and nice scenery......

Latest posts

Back