288 XP Lite project completed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well the 288 is done. It's not a cosmetic queen but is a very capable saw. My dealer has been tutoring me on saw repair. We ported it, new piston, brake band, new carb, deleted base gasket removed a directing baffle and opened up muffler.

It is a very capable saw and could use more bar.

It starts easily, runs up well and idles like a dream.

s2utmd.jpg

xm8xmb.jpg

aw3htv.jpg

293vorb.jpg

qx3qxx.jpg

It took 28 rounds to make a load.
oi53e1.jpg

:ices_rofl:
Might be stronger than the husky 450 he was running!

Nice saw!
I like the ones that aren't all shiny and clean.

A buddy was with me and he made one cut with it. Handed it back to me and said, "Wow that is a Corvette", I think it scared him a little bit, as it is a might stronger than the Husky 450 he was running.

Your getting quite a collection of high performance saws there!

Frank

Your getting quite a collection of high performance saws there!

Frank

Hi Frank,:cheers:

It was good seeing you at Kuntz's.

Give me a holler and I'll get you out to cut some big wood. I have two properties lined up that are getting logged very shortly within 6 miles of my place. I get all the cut offs on the landing.

Nice pictures and nice saw. I enjoy seeing these old saws get a new lease on life. Should serve you well on firewood duty for the rest of your life.

Nice pictures and nice saw. I enjoy seeing these old saws get a new lease on life. Should serve you well on firewood duty for the rest of your life.

I plan on wearing this thing out. Us old retired guys do get out ya know.

This pic was from this summer, the woods gone and I am starting over.

35lu2df.jpg

dc3gag.jpg

20sitd3.jpg

I plan on wearing this thing out. Us old retired guys do get out ya know.

This pic was from this summer, the woods gone and I am starting over.

35lu2df.jpg

dc3gag.jpg

20sitd3.jpg

You're doing more than heating your house!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Atleast the saw looks used and not a shelf queen. Nice work BTW!

nothing wrong with trophies or shelf queens. A saw is like anything else and can be used without being beat to death.

288 is my favorite model. I like my ported one more than my ported 2188. something about a 288.:cheers:

I can't see the pics but it doesn't matter. 288s are just plain fun to run! Nice work.

Back