• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 30" Stihl Bar to fit MS880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NGaMountains

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for Stihl 30" bar to fit MS880, p/n 3002 000 9741, .404 pitch, .063, 91dl. Please PM me if you have one you'd like to sell. Thank you.

I have a new large Stihl mount made in Germany Carlton bar, pretty sure it is 30", is .404 sprocketnose. I am afraid w/shipping it would be close to a new bar at the dealer. How much can u get 1 for local and what is your limit ?

Haven't gone looking yet, headed to dealer this week and will check, along with some things I need for a chipper they deal in. Bailey's is $149, so based on some prior threads I had seen comparing achievable dealer prices to Bailey's on Stihl bars, I figure $100 isn't unreasonable. I'm not in a huge hurry as I already have a 25" and a 41" for this saw but like I said I stumbled onto some 30" chains and figured with the size of this community someone might have something laying around doing not much more than being a paperweight. I'll likely be in West Lafayette in April and we could probably save shipping if you still have this and it's something you've not much use for. Thanks!.

I 've had it probably couple years or little more, couple neighbors have big saws and buy a bar or 2 from me now and then, once in a while I end up with 1 of those big Stihls, but hadn't had a call for it yet. If its like a lot of other stuff I buy extra, I'll need it soon or some body will come lookin for it soon after I decide to move it. I for got the price but I am thinking no more then $60ish W/O shipping. I am about 50 miles north of West Lafayette. Its the old stock clear coated bar from Carlton if you have seen them. I think the single rivet Oregon nose interchanges if I remember right. I can get a pic if you are interested.

I'd be interested. This will work with 91dl Stihl chain, correct? Thanks.
My bad, its a little longer, looks like 32ish but I think i may have bought it as a 33". I spun an 104 drive link Stihl RM chain to go with it so I expect that was what it was advertised to take but it may vary if it were an 7 or 8 tooth sprocket or according to model, also it has adjuster slots for 1 or 2 of the big Dolmar or SD models. Would make a good stump cutting set up.
You could buy that 25" bar and shorten or this 1 and add to, or both. Are yours new chains ? Brand-style ? I think I have a couple extra short straps of .404 in 1 or 2 brands + a little RM left.

Attachments

• DSCN2222.JPG
    DSCN2222.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN2223.JPG
    DSCN2223.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN2224.JPG
    DSCN2224.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN2228.JPG
    DSCN2228.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 24
My bad, its a little longer, looks like 32ish but I think i may have bought it as a 33". I spun an 104 drive link Stihl RM chain to go with it so I expect that was what it was advertised to take but it may vary if it were an 7 or 8 tooth sprocket or according to model, also it has adjuster slots for 1 or 2 of the big Dolmar or SD models. Would make a good stump cutting set up.
You could buy that 25" bar and shorten or this 1 and add to, or both. Are yours new chains ? Brand-style ? I think I have a couple extra short straps of .404 in 1 or 2 brands + a little RM left.

Chains I have are Stihl 46RM91, brand new.

25" (2ft) Bar Takes 80 drive link .404" x .063" (1.6mm) 59L chain : Professional solid PowerMatch guide bar with fully replaceable bar nose.
If 104dl ( it looks like it could be 1 possibly 2 less with a 7 tooth sprocket) is correct fit on yours with my bar you could shorten and lengthen some of each but you'd need several connector links.
If you don't have a good source for breaking and spinning, probably not worth your time. If you think the 33" would fit some needs well and you do break & spin may be it is. Let me know as I have some one interested in the bar if you aren't.

Haven't gone looking yet, headed to dealer this week and will check, along with some things I need for a chipper they deal in. Bailey's is $149, so based on some prior threads I had seen comparing achievable dealer prices to Bailey's on Stihl bars, I figure $100 isn't unreasonable......................

A new Stihl 3002 000 9741 is $85.95 new plus tax. It would be best to support your local brick and mortar dealer or a sponsor here.

A new Stihl 3002 000 9741 is $85.95 new plus tax. It would be best to support your local brick and mortar dealer or a sponsor here.
Thanks. Got any site sponsors or sellers you'd recommend worth checking with before I hit the dealer? Haven't been able to get there yet, probably early next week. I couldn't find it on LCS website and Baileys isn't the place for Stihl bars for sure.

Back