346xp Cylinder kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks ST.
For some time, Mahle owned a patent for Nikasil, and that earned them a reputation of superior quality - but that patent expiered quite a while ago. All the better cylinder makers are using it now, and some lesser ones as well....

Meteor cylinders likely are Nikasil plated in Italy, after originally being made in the far east.

Last edited:
I'm a little unclear. Are any of these cylinders actual 50cc 346 cylinders?

I believe this one is;

This is the kit that xxxxx on eBay sells really is a nice kit.
6e51513534b6d08db380901c7c11a434.jpg

Yeah st that kit is advertised as a 44.3 mm kit

yes, and closed quad port - likely a replica of the 50cc 346xp top end (as anything advertised as a 346xp top end should be), but I have no idea about the quality. :givebeer:

Yes, it is beerday today! :msp_biggrin:

I'm not worried about the 1cc. I'm just trying to clear up if any of your cylinders are actually for a NE346. If so, it'd be nice to be able to source them from a AS sponsor, rather than off Ebay.

Thanks, I appreciate that, however... I believe nobody has a true 50cc closed port replacement kit except that one. The kits by the other sponsors are exactly the same kit. The 353 kit is closed port and 45mm, may or may not perform the same, I don't know.

And the 44mm kit is probably 49cc. Your right Brad, its not a true 50cc kit and its not advertised as one either.

49.4cc, just like the original 350 top end (that it is patterned after).

Marketing that as a 346xp top-end (like your earlier post indicated) will backfire at some point, as it simply isn't.

I have an ample supply of bacon, don't worry about that! :msp_biggrin:

...beef is another story at the moment....:D

You should eat more chicken. Its very soothing. Chicken wings and beer. :)

I'm not worried about the 1cc. I'm just trying to clear up if any of your cylinders are actually for a NE346. If so, it'd be nice to be able to source them from a AS sponsor, rather than off Ebay.

NOT - it is a 44mm (49.4cc) 350/351 non-epa top end (that was on just very early US 350s, but most that was sold else-where to the end of the model). It has nothing to do with the 346xp, except that it will fit on them.

I'm just wondering why, if the 346xp is so good (and I am sure it is), why is it so hard, maybe impossible, and confusing, to get a quality aftermarket P&C. I would think those companies would be falling over each other to get them on the market. I wouldn't mind upgrading my 2152 someday.

I'm just wondering why, if the 346xp is so good (and I am sure it is), why is it so hard, maybe impossible, and confusing, to get a quality aftermarket P&C. I would think those companies would be falling over each other to get them on the market. I wouldn't mind upgrading my 2152 someday.

They are around, it is just that not everything that may look like one in the ad is the real thing - anyway, the best option really is to get a OEM 44.3mm top end. :msp_wink:

There often are a big difference between what will fit a 346xp, and what actually is a 346xp top end.

Last edited:

Not a big market for 346 after market top-ends, because they are so good. :) If you want to upgrade your 2152, just go OEM for around $200.

"I sell the OEM 2153/346 top end for $200. And for whatever reason, the OE 346 top end is cheaper still. I sell them for just $150. No need to mess with aftermarket stuff."---spike60

From spike60's post on 12/7/12

"the OE 346 top end is cheaper still. I sell them for just $150."---spike60

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back