346xp now or wait for 550xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a likely price for the 550 would be 550. Can't imagine it could be any higher than that unless they really want to price themselves up to a 261.

The 550 is on campaign so far here, so I don't know yet what the recommended "ordinary" price is - but I don't think it is much more than the 346xp price was.......

That's my thing. I'll wait and see what happens.
There's all these guys that say "Stick with the 346!!!!!" but they have yet to run a 550, 555, or 562.

Way back when the 346 was coming out, there was a similar crowd saying "Stay with the 238/242!!!!!"
without having run the 346, and look how good it turned out.

When the 238/242 was coming out, there were all these guys saying "Stay with the 44/444SE!!!!!"
etc., etc.

Valid point since the 346 has been proven for years as a worker. But what about when the 357/359 replaced the 262? Just saying not all new things are "better" than what they are replacing.... but sometimes they are. We will have to wait and see.

Valid point since the 346 has been proven for years as a worker. But what about when the 357/359 replaced the 262? Just saying not all new things are "better" than what they are replacing.... but sometimes they are. We will have to wait and see.

You got the story a bit mixed up - the 357xp replaced the 254xp, and the 359 replaced the 257. The replacement for the 262xp was the 362xp, but that one was rather short lived, as it was a much larger saw, with less power.

I haven't had much time to run my 346ne, but it would be hard to surpass IMO. If they can do it with the 550 or this 555 I have heard about, I will be getting one. Gotta see it to believe it.

The 555 is a lot heavier, so it won't do it, but he 550xp is said to be lighter - but just by .1 lbs, not much really! :msp_smile:

You got the story a bit mixed up - the 357xp replaced the 254xp, and the 359 replaced the 257. The replacement for the 262xp was the 362xp, but that one was rather short lived, as it was a much larger saw, with less power.

Thanks for clearing that up troll I'm still new to the game and hearing soo much about the 357 being compared to the 262 I assumed it was the logical replacement.

Latest posts

Back