Husky 357 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tor R

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I went to pick up 3-4 Husky 257, he had mistaken all this and I ended up to drive home with a few 357xpg.
They are more like wreck but the price was okey. For me the 357 is new.

Year 05 week 27
Year 07 week 07
Year 07 week 40.

And one where the tag is missing. This one have HDA 199 carb.
Is there any way I can figure out when this saw was made? Or was they all the same from IPL 04-07?

Was there done any changes except carburetor changes from start to end of production?

Thanks for any input and help

Oh, pictures to arrive tomorrow of this disaster

I've been trying to find a 357xpg without luck, and you find THREE of them by accident?! Nice score, you lucky bugger.

As for differences across the years, if my memory serves there was some wacky auto-decomp early in the production, but that feature went away in later production because it was a problem.

I've been trying to find a 357xpg without luck, and you find THREE of them by accident?! Nice score, you lucky bugger.

As for differences across the years, if my memory serves there was some wacky auto-decomp early in the production, but that feature went away in later production because it was a problem.

He's in Norway. Id say if a feller was looking for a G model Husq, the odds would be greater in Europe than about anywhere else. Now looking at his sig..... Tor R must have a "G" honey hole. WOW!:rock:

They are not in great shape, but i guess in some ways that I was lucky.

On the way up to him I stopped by a shop, wanted to buy a 242 part saw, but was to late. They had given away a pall with older Huskys a few weeks earlier.
Know I know where to go in the future.

357's, I have two with auto-decomp system, one of them is the one who miss the tag.
You know when they stop to make auto-decomp system?

He's in Norway. Id say if a feller was looking for a G model Husq, the odds would be greater in Europe than about anywhere else. Now looking at his sig..... Tor R must have a "G" honey hole. WOW!:rock:
Most people who buy a pro saw want heathed handles here, they only cost 20$ extra.

I'd recommend that you get rid of the auto-deco on those 2 saws. The auto-deco was prone to failures. It would start to leak and would toast the saw. They were built like that for a couple years and then it quietly went away. (same on the Jonsered 2156).

There is a boot and clamp in the IPL's to close off the port that activated this system. Then you could install either the standard deco or plug in the cylinder. Once I saw these things having issues, I updated every saw that came into the shop.

Not sure if that cylinder is still in the system, but I think it was cheaper than the regular 357 kit.

Thanks alot for the hjelp spike, will follow up your advises, didnt find the the IPL for what part I need to get though.

It seems all the carburators are type HdA 199, I know ther was some issues with them, what was the fix?

There is a boot and clamp in the IPL's to close off the port that activated this system. Then you could install either the standard deco or plug in the cylinder. Once I saw these things having issues, I updated every saw that came into the shop.
i guess you are speaking about the protective tap 35718 0001 and part 53733 0901, service bulletin 2-B,0300033

Back