359 port timing numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
worth a shot, are you using the cheap piston? I think thats how I would go. also you only want it it in the very center.
I was hoping you would say the cheap piston because the meteor I have was for the other one I have to rebuild and do but I can get another meteor for 50 in a week no problem there.

I'm not sure I understand raising the port floor to lose duration, then cutting the piston to gain it back. :confused:
he went too wide on the intake port randy, the half moon is to combat piston and intake wear. The epoxy is to keep the duration in check.

Have you ever gone too wide on the huskys so the side of the piston is uncovered? OP had a good picture of it early on.

Great thread! I knew the Boss would chime in eventually.
I wonder if any of stumpys old 359 threads are still searchable? He built a nice 359 too.
Carry on, Russ

Great thread! I knew the Boss would chime in eventually.
I wonder if any of stumpys old 359 threads are still searchable? He built a nice 359 too.
Carry on, Russ
It is a great thread and site I have learned more from this one thread then I have my whole life about timing but there's a lot that I would need to know yet. I want to thank everyone even if you never replied for looking Anyway thanks
Here's my progress with the intake I'll finish it tomorrow image.jpgimage.jpg a template I made off my other cylinder

Had the cylinder bolted up with the cheap piston and took it off again, there was too wide of a groove cut in the piston for the ring thickness and an awful lot of knock and slop in it when turning the crankshaft so on goes the meteor piston i would rather order another one for my other saw then use the cheap one

Shs a "G"! That should be nice when it gets cold....
Me and my buddy bought 4 of them 2 were g's I took and 2 without we both got one working each and I'm waiting on parts to build my other g . We got the 4 saws for 200 bucks , I took the 2 g's.:dancing:the guy that had them cuts pulp and has no mechanical skills to fix them but he could sure sharpen a chain

Back