359 port timing numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep a close eye on that cracked boot. You don't want to melt it down from an air leak. Killed many a 359..... Thanks for bringing us along for the ride! :chainsaw:
Thanks I'm gonna order one on Monday I should have the parts for the other one early next week also ( I had to order one for that one also) so I can get at that one. I'll probably burn another tank in her and put her away until I'm ready to strip her down for bearings and seals. I looked at the bearings when I started this and if she wasn't running so good before I did all this work I would of done them then

image.jpg This was what the bearings looked like from the other one when I took her apart. The new ones are in the freezer waiting for the case gasket to show up

Glad it's been a success for you... You will never pick up a non-ported saw in your life now! You've been infected! You did nice work, minus the *doh* moment with the intake.. but I think all of us here have done something similar to it at some point.. I did it on the transfers of a 480

Yeah through your mistake you will be able to talk others through. That's a nice running saw where did the intake end up?

Yeah through your mistake you will be able to talk others through. That's a nice running saw where did the intake end up?
From the pic here it is 76 a little more fine sanding, out of the corners to follow template I made image.jpg and clean up on the liquid steel(tell the truth I bet it's the same stuff as the jb weld, looks and sands the same too me ) gave me almost 77 but same shape as the marker line , I never mooned the piston, thought hard about it and hoping she holds up but I'll burn another tank then tear down for bearings and seal then will see if anything is happening to the piston or jug on the intake side

Back