365xt Porting any pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ndigity26

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is there anything generous souls out there that could possibly have pictures on a 365xt or 372xt cylinder that has been ported. Any info about technique would be greatly appreciated.

i would like to know also

I am going to buy a 365 xt and make it a 372 xt but want to do more to it

Is there anything generous souls out there that could possibly have pictures on a 365xt or 372xt cylinder that has been ported. Any info about technique would be greatly appreciated.

Stumpy is doing mine right now. Keep a lookout in the chainsaw forum, he may be posting build pics there in the next day or two.:clap:

Little info

[video=youtube_share;7Vdn_VzDYTY]http://youtu.be/7Vdn_VzDYTY[/video]

48653cf4-90b6-36a7.jpg

48653cf4-90fa-b79c.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Question mweba. I have been researching on modding transfers on 365xt & 372xt. Although there is some talk not much on pics or video even YouTube. This is about the best I have seen so far. I am glad to see such info but have a few questions. Did you thin the skirt to almost sharp edge at the ground area? Did you take much material from flat face of transfers back toward cylinder wall especially where the transfers curve back toward top end of transfer? I had a couple of transfer covers I got from 372xt to place on my 365xt. Should they be ground back more as well? I have only done some port work on 372xp with success but XTorq is newer to me. If I was to use 3 bond instead of gasket is it necessary to modify exhaust and intake or piston transfers. Degrees and such is beyond my grasp for now. I seen some on here talking about slight grinding work on piston transfer I believe at top rear of piston transfer but no pic or diagram to elaborate. I can manage to modify muffler no problem as I done so by adding port on xp muffler on previous saw after opening exhaust a bit. Can you and or others advise me on matter please? Pics are best if you can provide.
I did a little grinding on lower port to open it a big to gasket size but am wondering if I did not have the opening gradual enough. I will see if I can upload pic to demonstrate. I am not fluent with computer stuff.
image.jpg

Back