372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked through this thread and didn't see a pic of the intake flange without the boot on it. Did I miss it by chance? Anyone have a pic?

I do on my other computer. Will post it tonight.

Ive had one sitting here since the monday before thanksgiving. Been trying to get out in it but, its been snowing ever since. Going to try and get vid up of it running besides a 576, 576auto tune and a 372 71cc.

Got my 372 X-Torq in today, and had to tear it down to see what the heck was going on in there. Haven't run it yet, and Barney34 is coming over to have a look, so we'll put it together and run it later today.

You really have to take the thing apart to see how they are grabbing the clean air with a single throat carb. Essentially, the throttle plate, choke plate, and a third permanent plate between them, keep the clean air on top, and the fuel/air mix on the bottom. So, in that way, they are sharing the single throat of the carb, which is slightly larger than on the original.

Brad, and all of you porting guys will quickly notice that the intake port is smaller, as are the transfers, which are now one channel on each side instead of the traditional two per side.

I took some pics, which as was the case with the 560XP, I'll have to shoot them over to MFunaro and maybe he can get them up later. Somebody comes over here and shows me how to post pics might go home with a free saw. :bang: (Not this one though LOL)

I see the post I kinda old. I have run saws of all kind for 47 years started at 10 years old. I cut timber for a coal co, had a John Deer dealership selling saws, and had a tree service for 20 years. I just like saws, big saws. I have a 395xp, 385xp, 372xp 65 sp , 55R , 351, 350. on the other side I have 2 660's a 440 and a 044 and a 170. The Huskys out cut the Stihls size for size. I have shut down a lot of big talk in my driveway. I do like the stihls I have. Has a 290 and 361 did not like. Nothing feels in your hands like a 660 or 440. I use them a lot. But I bought my 365 for $125 at a pawn shop it screams. My new go to is a brand new 372xp have run about 5 tanks of gas in it so far. Gets better every time I use it. It smokes the 044 or 440. My friend bought his new 461 stihl up I beat him pretty good. We changed saws and he beat me. The first time I ran it another friend just beat by just a little with a ported 460. I'm looking for him again. The 365, 372 and 385 are bad ass saws. Have not run the new 395 but once.

Old thread but does this mean I didn't just get a 372xp? Did I get something disguised as a 372 that really isn't? I wanted a 440 but they killed that. I'm not trusting of auto tune or M-Tronic that's why I opted for the husky. 372 or not it cuts better than anything else I've run, not that I've run that many saws.

Most new 372's sold now are strato saws. They first appeared in 9-2013. Hv calls them a 372 XP X-torq. We refer to them as XT's. They are every bit an XP, and as XP as you can buy from a dealer now. They are rated at 5.6hp vs. 5.3 for the older XP version. They sip a little less fuel but are a few ounces heavier. They do not have the electro-gizmo carbs.

Back