372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks like the Husky cylinder the 359 uses with the side transfer caps. Is it a Mahle or Husqvarna brand cylinder?

Just a guess but I would assume it will have a cat muffler.

Any pics of the piston available?

Most strato saws do not. I'm don't think any of them do. That's idea behind the strato technology. It burns much cleaner and doesn't need a cat.

I believe you are correct. Did not think that through.

Did spike send you a pic of the piston?

If this saw is the best, the Husqvarna just flushed all the money spent on the 576/576AT(and the previous iterations) down the toilet...

Is that such a bad thing? When on to a good thing, stick to it, when not flick it!

Others could benefit from this line of thinking with a model or two.

Not good for a company's bottom line to pour a fortune into R&D for a model that will be replaced by the saw it was meant to supersede.

Not good for a company's bottom line to pour a fortune into R&D for a model that will be replaced by the saw it was meant to supersede.

You are correct, it seems silly to me too. You would think they would have tried this first instead of a all new saw.

The argument that was made earlier for the creation of the 372xp strato was that the saw has such a big name and a big following that it wouldn't make sense to give it up. I imagine they have run the numbers and figured out that this does make financial sense. I honestly dont think the R&D costs are that high on saws...dolmar bragged that they had spent 7 figures designing their new saws, but really, to a big corp like husky, what's a few million dollars?

The argument that was made earlier for the creation of the 372xp strato was that the saw has such a big name and a big following that it wouldn't make sense to give it up.

Yep. They didn't want to make the FUBAR that Ford did when it renamed all of its vehicles for no apparent reason other than to make them start with "f." Taurus had a loyal following that did not transition to the Five Hundred.

Same thing with Coke and Coke II--more people liked Coke than Coke II in blind taste tests, but people identified so strongly with classic coca cola that their sales plummeted. Psychology and marketing is an interesting thing.

Here's a pic of the piston.

911510465_7p9zG-L.jpg

Timing

I see the piston doesn't have the vent hole that the 450 has. Perhaps the 372 piston doesn't have the extreme temperature gradients that the 450 has.

I'd be interested in seeing the timing figures. Whereas the statos with seperate butterflys for the intake and strato ports had different timing for the ports, this configuration may have identical timing for the ports.

It will also be interesting to see if the blowdown figure is as short as some of the other Husky stratos.

Back