372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so presumably this will come in jonsered skin rather than the 576? It looks (and seems like) like it would be easier to wrap and style in jonsered clothes

Any other words from Jonsered? It'll be interesting to see what becomes of the 560 too...

Jonsered is gettting the new version of the 372; to be called the 2271. No plans for a Red 576 yet.

I do think we'll see a Jonsered version of the 560/562, because the 357/359 chassis goes away at the end of the year. If they aren't making orange ones, they won't be making any red ones. 2262 maybe???

I saw an ad in a power equipment magazine for the Johnny 2255, any idea what that's replacing? Is that the 359/2159 replacement? It looked nice in the pic.

911732502_6t3aF-L.jpg

911732142_9mepb-L.jpg

MuleyJ:I saw an ad in a power equipment magazine for the Johnny 2255, any idea what that's replacing? Is that the 359/2159 replacement? It looked nice in the pic.

Please, no...

Jonny 2255 is a red Husqvarna 455 Rancher.

Doncha love how Husqvarna calls it a "landowner" saw, for occasional heavy work, while Jonsered says its a "semi-pro" saw. What do those terms mean?

And would YOU buy it with tool-less chain tensioning?

Guys this isnt new,what Husky has done..... The K960 was a strato addaption of a 95cc concrete saw.... and this looks like a smaller version. single throat carb, same type of carb mount/inlet...no special muffler....

as far as a 576at being better because they designed it from scratch, i wouldnt bet on it...they have been learing all the way and im sure theyve come up with a good saw.....maybe they didnt need to redo the botttom end as it already had the correct base volume?

does the 372xtorq have plates on the crank to make it full circle?

I wouldnt choose between this and a 576AT without trying both....but it would be hard for me to trust any elec/comp on a saw....

regarding Mods, if you dont think race heads will figure out how to make these go you seriously underestimate there ability...

I see the new 372 as a saw for people that don't want a 576 only because it isn't a 372.

Don't quite get what your saying here.

It is great that Husqvarna is offering its loyal customers a choice, but I also think that if the 576 was everything it should be then the New 372 would not need to exist.

I don't see how the 576 differs any with what Stihl has produced strato wise.

I really think that the 576 might be better, but because it has always had the 372 lingering it has never had a fair shake.

Fair point. The physical size, weight and power ratio is probably consistent with most saws.

Don't quite get what your saying here.

I don't see how the 576 differs any with what Stihl has produced strato wise.

Fair point. The physical size, weight and power ratio is probably consistent with most saws.

1. Let me put it this way, if Joe loggers daddy, uncle, and cousin all tell him the 372 is the best saw, Joe won't buy the 576 even if it is a better saw.

2. The 576 differs from what Stihl has offered in that it is a redesign. The 441 has changed minimally.

If the 575XP had been a great seller I don't see the 372 X-torque existing.

Last edited:
1. Let me put it this way, if Joe loggers daddy, uncle, and cousin all tell him the 372 is the best saw, Joe won't buy the 576 even if it is a better saw.

2. The 576 differs from what Stihl has offered in that it is a redesign. The 441 has changed minimally.

If the 575XP had been a great seller I don't see the 372 X-torque existing.

1. Does it matter?

2. Does it matter?

I mean really, who considers the politics when purchasing a saw?

It looks like they went as wide as they could on the intake already and squared it up for more surface area. Are both the ring ends on the intake side? It looks like one near the middle of the intake side, but I can't see the other.

That strato design does look better than Huskys previous x-torqs. Stratos don't need cats because its mostly air blowing out of the exhaust instead of fresh mix doing the scavaging like in a conventional.

That extra strato air just means figuring out just how much fuel you can put into that thing to make it a turbocharger! I would be willing to bet that you can get more low end torque out of strato because more fuel can be burned due to the vast amount of strato air being brought in and mixing. That is, once the ratio of fuel to strato air is figured out.

I just noticed that they put removable transfer covers on it too. I'd like to see some pics of the carb and intake throat.

1. Does it matter?

2. Does it matter?

I mean really, who considers the politics when purchasing a saw?

1. If Husky is trying to sell 576XPs and nobody is buying them, it matters.

2. If Husky is trying to sell 575XPs and nobody is buying them, then they have to engineer a better saw, it matters.

I am not looking at this from the point of the end user.

So If I understand correctly, if this 372X-torque thingys turn out to be pigs, you can slap the old 372 top end on it and hammer down?

LOL....only every poster on AS....that's who....ROFL

"ROFLMAO"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iEWgs6YQR9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iEWgs6YQR9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:D

Back