372xpw xt bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonGChain

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've torn down the saw. The bearings seem tight when Turning it with my hand. There is no play on either bearing up or down or side to side. I have new ones but don't want to split the case if I don't have to. Input pleas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crank seals by design create drag on the crank. You're looking for a reason not to replace the bearings and the only left that could cause drag would be the seals.

what year is your XT? do you know the history? i'm willing to bet you don't need bearings. alot of guys like to rebuild and want it mint but truth be told alot of guys rebuild but then don't use the saw. what if i told you that you could build that saw on used bearings, run it for 2 years, and then sell it for the same as a guy who replaced the bearings? it doesn' mean it will happen but it is very likely and sure is alot of time savings. i build alot of saws on used bearings. of course, not until after i test them thoroughly. i've had guys from 2 years ago PM me and say the saw is still running strong.

what year is your XT? do you know the history? i'm willing to bet you don't need bearings. alot of guys like to rebuild and want it mint but truth be told alot of guys rebuild but then don't use the saw. what if i told you that you could build that saw on used bearings, run it for 2 years, and then sell it for the same as a guy who replaced the bearings? it doesn' mean it will happen but it is very likely and sure is alot of time savings. i build alot of saws on used bearings. of course, not until after i test them thoroughly. i've had guys from 2 years ago PM me and say the saw is still running strong.

They were just dirty and dry. I cleaned them out with gas and a dental tool, very useful if you can get your hands on them. I lubed them and they move freely. Thank you for all your input

My grandfather is a dentist and my mother is a dental hygienist. I get them used. Use them for so many things. The saws is a 2012. Used for a year as a professional
Felling saw. Probably over a thousand hours. I replaced the piston. Head gasket, the timing on the flywheel has been messed with. Hopefully I can get it I the right place.

If I knew that about a saw I'd replace the bearings. I have lots of 372 info on my youtube channel..link in my sig...splitting a case isn't that difficult...and even good bearings are fairly cheap. best of luck

Can't find you on YouTube. Post a link.

Latest posts

Back