50:1 or 32:1 mixture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Lawnboy mower which uses 32:1 mixture and use the Lawnboy 2 cycle mower oil. I also have a big collection of other equipment (husky saws, sthil backpack blower, echo wacker) which call for 50:1. Can't I use the 32:1 in all this stuff?? I is
a pain in the ass having to have seperate mixtures. Will I damage
the anything using 32:1 across the board??

I think 16:1 would be better.

I'm not an amsoil dealer i just got turned onto the stuff a while back with my snowmobile and saw how good it worked out on that so i switched over everything else. I have a Dolmar 5100S that i bought new 3 years ago and its never had anything else in it from new (except for the first tank that was in there already) and it runs awesome. I dont have any pictures of the cylinder because i haven't had to do any work to it. I did adjust it down a bit tho. I have it running right around 13,800 - 14,000 rpm instead of 14,500. I heat my home with wood and usually cut 30+ face cord a year (for myself and a needy family that i give wood to). Its the only saw i have and she has many hrs on her and still hasnt skipped a beat. I know i have read stories on the AMSOIL about people having problems but as for me I love it and won't switch back. Its so nice having one gas can and one bottle of oil not to mention that since I started running it I noticed that i drastically cut back on maintenance. Like i said, I don't make a dime if someone buys it or not. I'm just telling people what i know and whats worked great for me.

This is a picture of a piston from a MS441 that was ran on AMSOIL @ 100:1 the internal parts were dry with no oil residue. The saw was still running fine before tear down. Picture curtsy of Erick.

attachment.php

Here's the result of milling with a strato 441 using too little oil, and possible tuned a little lean. It was only a good synthetic that saved the engine. He was running WoodlandPro Synthetic. I became a believer in this oil after seeing this. There were signs of excessive heat, but no scoring at all.

749056204_ZjqwT-M.jpg

749056303_synbS-M.jpg

That is kind of why I am dredging up these old threads, because they contain some good info, which are applicable to all of these new posts. The quality
of the newer posts is directly related to the fact that most of the older
members have already talked about these questions, and do not waste time
going into them again, let alone read about them. Most do not even bother logging on any more.
Reread the posts made by Dagger, he has some interesting posts.

Hey Fish, Dagger conceded he didn't know squat about oil properties...

bwalker had the best knowledge, and even Lake didn't disagree. Good read (search is your friend)
icon14.gif

Hey Fish, Dagger conceded he didn't know squat about oil properties...

bwalker had the best knowledge, and even Lake didn't disagree. Good read (search is your friend)
icon14.gif

You don't expect me to read all of this **** do you???

I was just stirring up some old good posts!!!!! There is some good reading there for you guys........

Since the current oil ratio deteriorated into a detonation/octane fest, I'll call this golden oldie out because on the third page Dagger puts out some great info.
He was actually a engineer that worked for one of the smaller saw manufacturers, it is still pretty much taboo for them to post on these online forums, so it
was great to have him way back then.

N
Here's the result of milling with a strato 441 using too little oil, and possible tuned a little lean. It was only a good synthetic that saved the engine. He was running WoodlandPro Synthetic. I became a believer in this oil after seeing this. There were signs of excessive heat, but no scoring at all.

749056204_ZjqwT-M.jpg

749056303_synbS-M.jpg
I have seen pistons run on synthetics that look just like that and also most every engine run on castor or castor blend oils looks like that. Deposits like that could be caused by the gas too. One thing to look at if you suspect the piston got hot is to look at the underside of the crown it will have any ashy burnt appearance if it got hot.

Latest posts

Back