50% of 10 year old Chinese Hackberry didn’t leaf out, I assume tree is dyeing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david7212

Reaction score
Sacramento CA, with a heavy rainfall year.

Some branches have very few leaves, some none at all…this tree appeared very healthy throughout its life. I have other Hackberries on site, all of which are fully leafed out now and appear healthy.

In the past, one of the other Hackberries had some health issues but I seem to overcome them with removing soil / rock from around the root base and fertilizer / feeding. The current tree which is in poor health showed no previous signs of decay. These trees are difficult to trim because it seems like when a branch is cut off, it has the capability of hurting and possibly killing other branches which are connected to the same larger branch. I have cut big limbs off this tree in the past but it never showed the signs my other tree has, until now. Some of the larger branches which didn’t leaf out have never been cut or tampered with, which is why this is so confusing. If this tree does die, it will impact the backyard shade I’ve come to depend on, in addition to the labor of removing the tree. Any hope for this tree?
20170430_120534.jpg 20170501_090152.jpg 20170501_090158.jpg

Latest posts

Back