543xp ? 550xp? 545?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do they even make the 550xp when the 545 is so much less and the only thing it's lacking is rev boost pretty much. Huskys lineup is so confusing... They should just call all there mag case saws XP's. I mean they make the 543xp and it's 500$ msrp and a 545 is nearly 100$ less and it seems as if a 545 would cut circles around the 543.......I can't believe I was actually considering it. And anyone who says the 543 is much lighter.....well it's not, the 543 is only .8 pound lighter....:surprised3:

Why do they even make the 550xp when the 545 is so much less and the only thing it's lacking is rev boost pretty much. Huskys lineup is so confusing... They should just call all there mag case saws XP's. I mean they make the 543xp and it's 500$ msrp and a 545 is nearly 100$ less and it seems as if a 545 would cut circles around the 543.......I can't believe I was actually considering it. And anyone who says the 543 is much lighter.....well it's not, the 543 is only .8 pound lighter....:surprised3:
Most who make money with saws are willing to pay a little more is one reason, the other is marketing.

Why do they even make the 550xp when the 545 is so much less and the only thing it's lacking is rev boost pretty much.
The crank stuffers in the 550 make a significant power difference. Same with the 555 and 562XP.

I agree that the 543 is way over prices. It's nothing but a Redmax in husky colors. If you want a Redmax, buy a Redmax and save some money.

So the 550 has a different powerband than the 545? (from other threads I read)

I am not trying to say the 545 is better than the 550 but is it better for me and my needs? i understand that the 550 makes more power but I think I need to demo both these saws to appreciate this better

I am not trying to say the 545 is better than the 550 but is it better for me and my needs? i understand that the 550 makes more power but I think I need to demo both these saws to appreciate this better
Essentially you are asking a bunch of power junkies if more power is better. Hell - plenty on here buy a 550 and then drop $300 on porting.
Only you can answer what is better for your needs. All id add is that you'll probably still have this saw in ten years, the price difference will be insignificant by then.

Holy crap!!!!!!!! Did anyone else notice how easily that saw started? The only saw I've ever owned to come anywhere close to that is an EZ start Stihl 250 I picked up at a yard sale.
I have a ported 346xp that starts that easy or easier & 3-4 other saws that are close to the same.

No offense to anyone but easy2start and other simular starter systems are kind of a gimmick for women IMHO, that's what decompression buttons were invented for and they work better and are lighter, I would never pick a saw based off of that feature.

:rock:I went ahead on a smoking deal on a new husqvarna 545, should be getting it in about a week, I know some people are going to roll there eyes and say why didn't you get the 550xp. I decided for my needs a 545 is perfect, autotune, light, powerful, good price. Will post pictures as soon as it arrives :chainsaw:

:rock:I went ahead on a smoking deal on a new husqvarna 545, should be getting it in about a week, I know some people are going to roll there eyes and say why didn't you get the 550xp. I decided for my needs a 545 is perfect, autotune, light, powerful, good price. Will post pictures as soon as it arrives :chainsaw:

Here maybe this will hold you over. ;) :rock:

545 001.JPG 545 002.JPG 545 003.JPG

Back