562 xp ms 362 c m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only when I go 1000+ hrs on the same bosch spark plug do any of my other saws give me any starting problems. I do have a t540 at work that just cuts off randomly which is a real pita when you are 75' up a tree. Oh I forgot I've also broke every spring av mount on both 562s in the past 6 months at least twice as well as locktight n retighten almost every screw on them bc they have all vibrated apart. I'm not saying the 562 is a bad saw as it is certainly the most powerful and best balanced saw in its class but it just isn't tough enough for high hour production work.
are you on another forum and go by the name "holman tree"?

Good luck ! No doubt it's the best handling most powerful 60cc saw out when it's working properly. Just too many problems for my volume of work. Downtime is money lost to me...

Same here I believe I got mine in early 2012 and it's been worked over for my tree service. It's really like the energizer bunny but I must say you really do have to know how to start it when it's hot or you'll be throwing it out of trees or putting it behind the skidder...

Nobody else has had av springs break all the time and every screw keep vibrating loose ? Nothing against the brand, my 372 is my favorite saw ever ! Like the 580 blower too, it will blow a sheet of plywood off the ground !

Nobody else has had av springs break all the time and every screw keep vibrating loose ? Nothing against the brand, my 372 is my favorite saw ever ! Like the 580 blower too, it will blow a sheet of plywood off the ground !
I read about that happening over in the forestry and logging section perhaps a year or so ago. They had some pretty impressive piles of logs. I think the guy was from northern Massachusetts, took a week or so to get another one, av spring. Those guys spend a lot more effort talking about their skidders, I am sure he and or his guys have spare chainsaws.

sounds like you being the heavy hitter and all, are just the exception to the rule. I Can only imagine the hours of use you put on a saw. I been running chainsaws for thirty years, and have yet wear one out or see those kind of failures.

On your own with the broken av springs, and never vibrated anything loose. 2012 model with probably what adds up to 12months constant use (I'm cutting when the weather doesn't suit weed spraying).
Mine is ported and I see no need for a saw between it and my 385. Hauls the mail running a 20" bar in Aussie hardwood.

When I was shopping for a 60 cc saw (got the 362 C) the manager of the store that sells both Stihl & Husky told me a few of the 562s came back with broken springs, but assured me is was covered under warranty.

The potential carb problems, the talk about broken springs, the fact that the bar would not interchange with my 044, the outboard clutch, and the fact I thought the controls were simpler on the Stihl (no videos for start up procedure) all influenced my decision to go with the 362.

I have no regrets, and think they are both great saws. Most people that have purchased either one really like them.

sorry not trying to be mean, but if you need avideo to figure out how to start the 562/2260, you probably should not be running the saw. they are as easy to start as any other saw i own. futhermore "mustang", you seem to be hung up in this particular thread/comparison, more than anyone else here? not sure why you continue to have to feel like you need to defend your ms362, and the decision to purchase it on this site?? again , not trying to be mean , just my personal observations

sorry not trying to be mean, but if you need avideo to figure out how to start the 562/2260, you probably should not be running the saw. they are as easy to start as any other saw i own. futhermore "mustang", you seem to be hung up in this particular thread/comparison, more than anyone else here? not sure why you continue to have to feel like you need to defend your ms362, and the decision to purchase it on this site?? again , not trying to be mean , just my personal observations

I think deep down he kinda wishes he got the 562xp. He's got those "stihlhead" blinkers on, i used to also but it pays not too. I also thought the inboard clutch thing was a postive but have since changed my stance. For the better i will add :happy:

Both good saws. Stihl is built better, with the best filtration. Husky is a fuzz lighter, and a little snappier in the the cut.

Both good saws. Stihl is built better, with the best filtration. Husky is a fuzz lighter, and a little snappier in the the cut.
Ah, I love that better build crap and Mike,the Stihl all in one switch choke control is not convenient at all.
Depress the grip safety, pull the trigger while at the same time pressing the choke lever? :eek: Why can't I just put the choke on.

Latest posts

Back