562 xp ms 362 c m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noone has ever said a 362c is a junk saw , its a good 60 cc saw with the best filtration in its class , when guys point out what they like about a 562/2260 there has to be a rebuttal of some sort or a comparison made is the problem , they are both good saws..i know..i have them.
Yea but i bet your 362 just sits there in the corner with its hand up saying "pick me pick me"! as you walk by :laugh:

I have never run a362, the only sthil saws I have ever run was afriends 029 farmboss,ok but not so much.In 2009 I purchased a 441 mag, ithought it run good, but everybody said it was sluggish,heavy, akward!,good for nothing but a boat anchor. I ran it for a couple of years, then sent it off and had it pp,and runs like a raped ape now.All your pro series saws are good saws,just like ford and chevy,good and bad in all of them.

Yea but i bet your 362 just sits there in the corner with its hand up saying "pick me pick me"! as you walk by :laugh:

I actually like the 2260 best..a 362c is a good saw no doubt and has good torque especially ported obviously , it just isnt as high strung as a ported 562..and is a little clunky , if i was a serious firewooder i would probably pick the 362c for its filtration and it has a good torquey powerband , but doin prep work for lots and feedin chippers occasionally i just like the swedes for their maneuverability ..no more..no less

QUOTE="cre10, post: 5249759, member: 91052"]If Jesus were to use a saw I heard that he would pick a 562 :lol:[/QUOTE]
Ill aman to that!

Got a question. Do i really need to punch out the winter plug its 20 degrees this morning. I have never done this with my 445. Just making sure its not going to mess up the auto tune....wires and stuff. Dealer told me he had to order the plug that goes back that it did not come with my saw. It was 60° two days ago. Thanks in advance.

You guys are being a little hard on Mike.

I've dealt with him on two saws now.......and Brett did a saw for him as well. He's top shelf to work with.......does exactly what he says he will. I wish I could say that about most of my neighbors.

Got a question. Do i really need to punch out the winter plug its 20 degrees this morning. I have never done this with my 445. Just making sure its not going to mess up the auto tune....wires and stuff. Dealer told me he had to order the plug that goes back that it did not come with my saw. It was 60° two days ago. Thanks in advance.

I have run mine both ways & have not noticed any difference. If you want to pick this saw apart for an inconvenient design feature, try punching that plug out! You will then have to fish it out of the fins, & putting the stopper back in is another nuisance.

I have run mine both ways & have not noticed any difference. If you want to pick this saw apart for an inconvenient design feature, try punching that plug out! You will then have to fish it out of the fins, & putting the stopper back in is another nuisance.
I thought the placement of the punch out/plug was not in the best location for accessability, so would totally agree with you on the inconvenience.
We have run these saws in cold temps with no issues, so I am leaving the plug be.

Sothe Husky dealer had Carlton chisel chain that I bought as a back up chain. I dont like it. The saw came with a semi safety chain he said... Not sure but I dont like it either. To slow. So I am going to buy a Stihl chisel chain and use the other two chains new chains as back ups. What do you all run on your 562's ?

I run Carlton 3/8x.050 full skip on my 2260. While it is definitely not Stihl chain it is pretty decent. I would rather run Carlton than Oregon myself, and if I'm buying, it is Stihl. This saw came with Carlton though.

Latest posts

Back