562xp Pain in the ###

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of coarse ST! Husky could'nt have anything to do with it. It's funny the Stihl Ms361 does'nt hamper its users with "operator error" or "issues".:msp_ohmy:

That happened too, there were lots of posts about it - but again it was mostly operator errors, from not deactvating the choke soon enough.....

Didn't read all the pages but from the OP it sounds like operator error.

What part of "following the instruction manual" didnt you get???
Its very easy (among other things) to sit at your computer and toss out random asertations.
Ive talked to my dealer at length and he agrees I am doing everything correctly.
So. What would you recomend I do differently???

Mine did act funky at first, but straighten itself out after a few tanks of mix. How much have you used yours? How many tanks through it?

My 550 was the same way. It took awhile to get broken in and the starting issue worked itself out

I didn't say you were stupid but this comes up weekly with the 562 and 550 and its usually not using the right procedure,maybe its the saw in your case.

P.S. I don't sit my computer and toss out assumptions,but i do start my 562xp everyday of the week without any problems:msp_smile:

Last edited:
Very true.
My 55 rancher has never given me any trouble.
My 394 is old tired and half blind, but it usually starts with less persuasion.

This is why I am in no giant hurry to get rid of my old mag case poulans. I could sell off every other more modern saw, keep the s25cva, a 3400 and the 245a and cut anything I might run into, all day long, and they are reliable, easy to work on and adjust.

My 550 was the same way. It took awhile to get broken in and the starting issue worked itself out

In the begining I was hoping thats all it was.
Even though there hasnt been any codes my dealer thinks we need to replace the carb and coil.
I hope it all works out in the end, its a good cutting saw when it finally starts.

In the begining I was hoping thats all it was.
Even though there hasnt been any codes my dealer thinks we need to replace the carb and coil.
I hope it all works out in the end, its a good cutting saw when it finally starts.

With the date of your saw as Spike60 mentioned already it has the updated components.

Has your dealer updated the software to the most recent revision?

Whoa stop............has your dealer troubleshot the saw the same if it was a non AT saw?

My 562 was manufactured in 2013.
When its running it cuts like crazy. Hard to bog it down really.
like my OP said; most of these saw are good out of the box, mine just wasnt.
But. My dealer is on my side and is determined to get to the bottom of it.
I think there are bound to be ocasional lemons with any new tecnology,
its just a royal PIA when you cant cut wood...........

Hmmmm. Might just be able to plug it in and hit the reset on the factory fuel settings. Did he try this yet? Any failure codes? And if so, how many starts ago do they show up. If a failure code happened 20 some starts ago, it's not supposed to matter, but it still could indicate an intermittant problem. The new ones should just pop on the first pull when hot starting.

I know that some of the guys are getting on your case about you being part of the problem, but it sounds to me like you're not doing anything wrong at all.

I got a wild idea of you taking the saw to Spikes GTG, but I have no idea where in Maine you are....:msp_sneaky:

Maybe TK can fix it for you, at least he is in Maine?

With the date of your saw as Spike60 mentioned already it has the updated components.

Has your dealer updated the software to the most recent revision?

Whoa stop............has your dealer troubleshot the saw the same if it was a non AT saw?
Good questions. I will ask him Monday. Thank you.

Hmmmm. Might just be able to plug it in and hit the reset on the factory fuel settings. Did he try this yet? Any failure codes? And if so, how many starts ago do they show up. If a failure code happened 20 some starts ago, it's not supposed to matter, but it still could indicate an intermittant problem. The new ones should just pop on the first pull when hot starting.

I know that some of the guys are getting on your case about you being part of the problem, but it sounds to me like you're not doing anything wrong at all.

Thanks Spike.

No failure codes. Im guessing he has already reset it, but I will ask.
It has started on the first pull before. But the past couple of days is when it started doing this nonsense.
My dealer is aware of everything ive experianced with the saw. Ive got a feeling hes going to rattle
a few cages if he doesnt get answers hes looking for.

I got a wild idea of you taking the saw to Spikes GTG, but I have no idea where in Maine you are....:msp_sneaky:

Maybe TK can fix it for you, at least he is in Maine?

I think TK is an hour south of me.
My dealer tends to be the tenacious type. I think he will get it working right.
Thanks.

I think TK is an hour south of me.
My dealer tends to be the tenacious type. I think he will get it working right.
Thanks.

I have one of the newer ones and had to have the carb replaced because of run/starting issues. The saw would bog and stall at the hit of the throttle not always but enough to piss you off. Then sometimes it would not restart hot. With the carb replaced 90% of the issues went away. It has a rich bog at the first hit of the throttle after idling 5 seconds or so [that does not happen much!] Anyway I ignore the primer and comp release, cold I set the choke and it fires within 3 pulls. Hot I set the high idle and it almost always fires first pull, if you don't set the high idle it is a crap shoot if it will fire first pull. Try setting the high idle and see what happens when the saw is hot. I am guessing I have 30-50 tanks of fuel ran through it. Even with the issues it is one of my favorite saws. I may trade this one in for a new one in a few months. CJ

I have one of the newer ones and had to have the carb replaced because of run/starting issues. The saw would bog and stall at the hit of the throttle not always but enough to piss you off. Then sometimes it would not restart hot. With the carb replaced 90% of the issues went away. It has a rich bog at the first hit of the throttle after idling 5 seconds or so [that does not happen much!] Anyway I ignore the primer and comp release, cold I set the choke and it fires within 3 pulls. Hot I set the high idle and it almost always fires first pull, if you don't set the high idle it is a crap shoot if it will fire first pull. Try setting the high idle and see what happens when the saw is hot. I am guessing I have 30-50 tanks of fuel ran through it. Even with the issues it is one of my favorite saws. I may trade this one in for a new one in a few months. CJ

I just got it back from the shop and am putting it through its paces.
All Husky wanted to do was have my dealer update the saws computer. They said if the problems continue
they would want to take it back to their R&D center and go over it. I told him they could do that all they wanted
AFTER I got a refund or replacement saw. I also told my dealer if it doesnt start reliably after all this, I certainly would be
getting a refund or replacement.
I am really ###### at husky for even sugesting that I should be without my saw for any length of time. From here forward
I will not be purchacing any new husky equipment, regardless of this saws preformance, good or bad.

The fast idle seems to help when hot starting so I do use it. I find the compression release seems to hinder hot starts.
I had the ocasional bog issue but it hasnt happened for a while. Ive got 15 hours on the saw, that should be enough time to work out any bugs.
I really do hope that it quits the bs, because when its running it really throws the chips.
Minus a few nay-sayers, I really appreciate the input from the 562 owners here. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back