562xp Pain in the ###

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is worth repeating!

Not a single person one time has said all the 550s or 562s with autotune have problems. SOME people have had problems and report about it, which..this is a chainsaw discussion problem forum, here it is from the top of the page:

"Forum: Chainsaw

Everyone's favorite. What are your problems? Post'em."

See right there? Post your chainsaw problems, love affairs/great scores/box 0 beer drunk stories/chicken legs/pie/GTGs/modding, etc. are supposed to come second I guess...people post their problems and get ranked and dissed for it?? WTF....

There just seems to be a constant thread going where someone is having starting and running issues with autotune. I noted, and I might be wrong, but I don't recall a single 441mtronic thread about them being hard to start, cold/hot/warm etc. Maybe it happened, I don't remember, but this is all we have to compare, husky/stihl and new styled computer/electronic carb saw issues.

If people can't post their problems here, then where, on this site? And I will REPEAT, NO ONE ever said "all" the autotunes had problems, it has been noted quite a few have gotten sold and people run them daily just fine, we all know this, but...these little gremlin stories keep popping up. It's just weird...

Same as "problems" with any other older styled saw, at one time or another about every single make/model has had a problem, so I am failing on seeing the beef here, why can't people post their problems if it regards autoune and frustrating trips back and forth to their local dealers? You can do with any other saw..except husky autotunes???? I think we all know that not all dealers are created equal, but we all dont live next door to the "cool" dealers who know what they are doing either. Autotune is a *system* that just about requires interaction with the dealer, as the saws do not ship with the cable, anayalsis stuff etc for the owner. Ain't no just removing limiter caps and taking a screwdriver to it, yes?

If people follow the start procedure and still have problems then..what are they supposed to do, eat a new saw and sit down and shut up? Not talk about it here, on a chainsaw problem forum?

For the record, I like the idea of autotune and mtronic, don't own either yet, will get one some time. They haven't been out on the market long enough yet for real cheap ones to show up on CL for example. It is still fairly new tech, and I see nothing wrong with guys who have spent the money on them posting about their experiences, the good,bad and ugly.

Well,
Punches notwithstanding, I was simply saying that most of what I have heard of this saw, coincides with my own (admittedly limited so-far) experience and that is, that the 562 is a dynamite little saw. There are definitely problem children, but considering that there are still threads from time to time about problematic, NEW examples of the vaunted 372xp and MS660, a thread about problems with a newer technology saw (or any device for that matter) doesn't surprise me. I guess I just didn't realize how many times a person would be expected to go in for service for a tool which is not acting correctly when time is money. I realize why Ford/International/EPA screwed many people over on 6.0 Powerstrokes (new buyers that is) but it was still wrong. There is a bit of a difference, though, between either refunding or exchanging with like-kind, when one is $700.00 and the other is $45k+... I would expect a bit of static on the higher profit-margin examples. Less-so on the lower ones. If his dealer is truly taking care of him to the "T" then wonderful. If it takes 5 trips or more however to fix a problem or identify it at the least, that's when something along the lines of "lemon law" makes sense to me.

Any saw can have a problem. When i bought my first 372xp it wouldn't do anythig right out of the box the dealer found it had a bad carb and they replaced to carb and its been flawless for 6 years now, but i never had a problem with this 562xp.

Wow. There is a lot of bs on this thread, just not where some think..
So. The saw had problems last night then seemed to correct itslef.
This afternoon it would just bog down when I hit the gas, and I could
not even limp it along.
My dealer said origionaly he was going to replace the carb and coil, but chose
this route instead, after I said, "if this doesnt work I want a replacement or refund".
Now. For those of you that seem SO offended at this I would sugest that; then it is you that are having a tantrum.
I do not have time to take my new, expensive, chainsaw to the shop every other
day of use, so ###. Its not about you or even the 562 in general. Its about THIS ONE.
If the real tantrum throwers would actually read my posts they would see im not bad mouthing
anything in general. Seriously. I wanted this to be one of the last saws I had to buy for a long time.
When it did run, it was great, but I cant take ANYTHING, saw, tool, car, computer to the shop every
few days for "repair".
Im getting to damn old for the whiners in here. This thread was started by me to reaserch possible
problems, and their solutions. Damn...

I think you have a right to want your saw fixed, but you "demand" that you get your money back is just bluff and bluster. The dealer and Husky absolutely should make your saw work correctly, but you have ZERO right to demand they replace/refund. If they chose to do either, they are exercising their prerogative to ameliorate the situation. If they simply repair your saw, the situation is rectified and you are are made whole.

Wow. There is a lot of bs on this thread, just not where some think..
So. The saw had problems last night then seemed to correct itslef.
This afternoon it would just bog down when I hit the gas, and I could
not even limp it along.
My dealer said origionaly he was going to replace the carb and coil, but chose
this route instead, after I said, "if this doesnt work I want a replacement or refund".
Now. For those of you that seem SO offended at this I would sugest that; then it is you that are having a tantrum.
I do not have time to take my new, expensive, chainsaw to the shop every other
day of use, so ###. Its not about you or even the 562 in general. Its about THIS ONE.
If the real tantrum throwers would actually read my posts they would see im not bad mouthing
anything in general. Seriously. I wanted this to be one of the last saws I had to buy for a long time.
When it did run, it was great, but I cant take ANYTHING, saw, tool, car, computer to the shop every
few days for "repair".
Im getting to damn old for the whiners in here. This thread was started by me to reaserch possible
problems, and their solutions. Damn...

Well, these thing do tend to get out of hand. It was post #65 that pushed the thread over the top and it was becoming a witch hunt and I had enough.

Out of the many 562's I've sold, I did replace a carb under warranty over a year ago. Wasn't really a big deal; maybe took 20 minutes including the programing. Didn't need to get any pre-approval on the warranty; it just sailed through. The carb is in stock in Troy, so there's no reason I can see for your dealer to hesitate. I don't think the coil need to be replaced either; just the carb. The AT module is not a separate part, it is part of the carb itself. I've got it in stock. If you were close by, I'd do it tomorrow morning for ya. :msp_smile:

Zog, I'm not sure why that post was directed at me and not spike60?

But I agree with both of ya. :msp_smile:

Well..I err...uhh... I always blame coffee..either one cup too much, or one cup not enough!

hahahahaha! My bad.....

I visited my friend the local husky wrench today, had to go there anyway, so I asked him to show me on the computer the service bulletins for the 550 and 562..you see references to the issues some guys have reported here.

That is all, I have zero idea if there are a lot for those models compared to other models or not. but there are some to be sure.

I am a very recent 562 owner. In another thread, if you saw it, My saw overheated & scored the piston during the carb calibration run. This happened at the dealership with the salesman & tech watching & timing the run! To make a long story short, the tech did all of the troubleshooting tests you would do on any saw & found significant air leaks during the vac test. His comments were: this is the first one out of the nine I have sold which has had a problem & it would have to be you: then he said he was getting on the horn with Husky the next day. Husky sent him a new P&C & comp. release which he installed & vac tested prior to doing a test run, & then called me & said my saw was ready. This took one week. He set the carb at default, so a new calibration run was necessary. I picked it up & ran the new calibration run at the dealership just as before. Everything functioned perfectly & has ever since then. The next weekend I took it over to a friends place & helped him buck some of a semi load of logs. I let him run it for about 1/2 a tank. His eyes got pretty wide when he sunk the bar into the first cut! I certainly hope everything works out for you. I'm hoping to read that your 562 is doing so well that it makes you almost forget that it ever was a problem!

Work with your dealer instead of against him, the saw is already costing him money. Making demands, becomes a downwards spiral.

You have a problem with your saw, it happens, no different than any other consumer good.

Having more information ie a data capture of the module can help, its new and many are not up to speed. For those that don't live and breath saws its a steep learning curve.

In most cases the issue you are experiencing it not an AT issue.

I wish I would have gotten the :popcorn: out 7 pages ago, I'm hungry. After dinner I'll come back and read up on some OLD SAWS.

Latest posts

Back