562xp problems!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcatbb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a new Husky 562xp on March 3rd of this year. It's probably got less than ten hours on it and will not run. I broke it in with 3 cans of the premix and the problem started happening on the third can. The saw started dying and wouldn't idle. I'd get it started and it would run fine initially and then it was down on power near the end. Finally it died and would not restart. Starter rope pulls fine. I took it to a local husky dealer (dunkards or german baptist maybe? Not sure) and they did not have anything for auto tune and told me you didn't need the software due to it still being a carb. This was after they laughed and basically told me huskys are junk......Called me yesterday and told me it had straight gas ran through it and Is blown up. Piston scored. I find this hard to believe and can guarantee it's never had straight gas for sure as I didn't even make it through the premix! Gonna try and find a different dealer Monday. Frustrated! Any thoughts?

Dosent matter if u put premix in there or not. mistacks can be made . if the mix is mix and u can confirm that . then u need to find someone that can plug it in to check for error s . warranty is on your side

I would agree with finding a different dealer. With the auto tune they can tell what the fuel quality was running at with the diagnostic software. If you were running the husqvarna pre mix fuel and there is a problem with the saw then warranty should be on your side.

A Husqvarna dealer said Huskys are junk? I would think Husqvarna would want to hear about this. Why would they be a dealer of junk? Definitely find another, hopefully reputable dealer. And while your saw was there I would hope that bad dealer didn't do any damage to the saw themselves as they sound very untrustworthy.

Agreed on the dealer! They are primarily a Stihl dealer but were a Dixon mower dealer, husky bought Dixon and they ended up a husky dealer! The guy said it was merely a matter of circumstance. I will be picking it up first thing Monday afternoon and will find the local husky dealer rep to let him know what's going on. I have found a guy that knows who the rep is and I will be sure to let him know what's going on!

Picked the saw up, they had the muffler off and showed me it is scored up pretty bad! Ughh......they told me they weren't fixing it. I took it to another shop and they're gonna check it out. I almost wonder if it developed an air leak???? It will run, but won't idle....either way husky will hopefully make it right! I'm very disappointed at this point, especially when both places automatically blame the fuel right off the bat! Could I have gotten a bad can of premix???

I am curious what dealer this is... I am just down the road not that far from you. I would say take it to Troy-Tipp Lawn equipment. They are primarily an Echo dealer, but they have Husqvarna as well. When I looked up dealers on the Husky website they don't even pop-up. I wouldn't think premix would be bad.

I have heard of the decomps leaking on some saws and that can cause a lean situation................just a thought. I certainly wouldnt think the canned fuel would be the issue, but save any that you have left and take it in when you address the dealer. Good Luck.

Im gonna stand my ground, i contacted husqvarna directly and they said if this dealer doesn't fix it to call them back...one way or another it's gonna get fixed! It's such a let down! I loved that thing when it was right! Bragged it up to everybody, now I'm feeling a little discouraged to say the least!

I am curious what dealer this is... I am just down the road not that far from you. I would say take it to Troy-Tipp Lawn equipment. They are primarily an Echo dealer, but they have Husqvarna as well. When I looked up dealers on the Husky website they don't even pop-up. I wouldn't think premix would be bad.
I'll just say the first dealer is on st rt 185 outside of versailles! It's now in Minster at western ohio true value .

Im gonna stand my ground, i contacted husqvarna directly and they said if this dealer doesn't fix it to call them back...one way or another it's gonna get fixed! It's such a let down! I loved that thing when it was right! Bragged it up to everybody, now I'm feeling a little discouraged to say the least!

Something is seriously wrong with that "dealer" - he shouldn't have been allowed to sell those saws at all - either that, or something is seriously wrong with the costumer. :confused:

That said, a scored piston at this stage could only be caused by two reasons on that saw, bad gas, or a serious air leak - and bad gas is the more likely one.

I would like to know the details of the "premixed gas" that was used!

Yet another problematic 562xp, mks me so glad I own a 2260............not. I think they are all grenades just waiting to go off. Just like the kawsaki sleds we ran in the 80's, they were the fastest sleds on the trail til they blew up. It was not a matter of if, but when..............

Yet another problematic 562xp, mks me so glad I own a 2260............not. I think they are all grenades just waiting to go off. Just like the kawsaki sleds we ran in the 80's, they were the fastest sleds on the trail til they blew up. It was not a matter of if, but when..............

More likely, it is about another problematic user, and/or dealer. You have to have a little bit of technical insight to serve those saws - and you obviously failed! ;):lol:

Latest posts

Back