562xp problems!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More likely, it is about another problematic user, and/or dealer. You have to have a little bit of technical insight to serve those saws - and you obviously failed! ;):lol:
not sure if i am understanding your swe-english? sure are alot of problematic threads here on this saw...............

Picked the saw up, they had the muffler off and showed me it is scored up pretty bad! Ughh......they told me they weren't fixing it. I took it to another shop and they're gonna check it out. I almost wonder if it developed an air leak???? It will run, but won't idle....either way husky will hopefully make it right! I'm very disappointed at this point, especially when both places automatically blame the fuel right off the bat! Could I have gotten a bad can of premix???
Where did you buy the fuel from.?
The big box stores take returns on premix fuel.
So never buy it from them.
A guy on another site straight gassed a few of his machines that way.

More likely, it is about another problematic user, and/or dealer. You have to have a little bit of technical insight to serve those saws - and you obviously failed! ;):lol:
Not likely....dealer maybe...user not likely...the saw was running the fuel "husky" prescribed for their warranty. It's still in the tank! I didn't mix it, I dumped it out of their blue can! The saw ran fine for the first two cans, got weaker in the third until it wouldn't idle. It will run, just won't idle. I got a bad saw, or bad gas! Pretty simple

The first dealer was definataly not enthused about the saw from the time I walked in with it....they claimed auto tune was just a fancy carb and you didn't need a scan tool for it. Should've been my first sign to take the saw and leave

Something is seriously wrong with that "dealer" - he shouldn't have been allowed to sell those saws at all - either that, or something is seriously wrong with the costumer. :confused:

That said, a scored piston at this stage could only be caused by two reasons on that saw, bad gas, or a serious air leak - and bad gas is the more likely one.

I would like to know the details of the "premixed gas" that was used!
. There's the details, the only fuel that was ran in it came out of one of those blue cans!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 35
Funny thing is, "so called problematic user" has been using Stihls (ms391, and a little ms210) for years with zero problems other than I hate the silly little flippy caps...ugh. I went the husky route because I actually embraced the idea of auto tune and thought it would be great(and it was or a few hours). I researched for weeks between this saw and the ms362 and really thought I made the right decision. I still do, even with the issue...i was a mechanic for years and things fail...I get that. In the end, it's how good the company and their dealer network is that matters...and that is what I'm facing now. I'm not one of those brand-loyal ford vs chevy guys. I just want the best I can get for the money I spend. With that comes high expectations on how the dealer handles a problem should it arise.

Kind of easy to rule out straight gas, because if he had the wrong mix it never would have made it to the third can. I sold a 555 to a guy and the tank of fuel it went out of the store with was the only mixed fuel that poor saw received. He refilled it with straight gas and toasted it kind of quick. When I plugged it in the saw only had 35 minutes of run time. One of the great things about AT is that you can get that kind of info. There's no uncertainty about how much time is on a saw.

So, an air leak somewhere. Need to do a leakdown test and find out where.

562's beset with issues? Early ones yes. Rushed a little too soon, and the number of updates since then confirm it. Since then? 562 is my best selling saw, and problems are far and few between. No more issues than any other saw. Husky warranty is always cooperative and ready to help my customers too. But many dealers are unable to service these saws, and there lies the problem.

Kind of easy to rule out straight gas, because if he had the wrong mix it never would have made it to the third can. I sold a 555 to a guy and the tank of fuel it went out of the store with was the only mixed fuel that poor saw received. He refilled it with straight gas and toasted it kind of quick. When I plugged it in the saw only had 35 minutes of run time. One of the great things about AT is that you can get that kind of info. There's no uncertainty about how much time is on a saw.

So, an air leak somewhere. Need to do a leakdown test and find out where.

562's beset with issues? Early ones yes. Rushed a little too soon, and the number of updates since then confirm it. Since then? 562 is my best selling saw, and problems are far and few between. No more issues than any other saw. Husky warranty is always cooperative and ready to help my customers too. But many dealers are unable to service these saws, and there lies the problem.
Exactly what I believe may be the issue....and the fact it still ran, just wouldn't idle. The saw never once locked up, just wouldn't idle and was down on power. Thanks

I've read that somewhere.

I read it on the internet must be true!

My logging buddy loves his 562, from Spike. He's been flogging it everyday it doesn't rain for about 2.5 years. Other than dropping a log on it, busting the handle, a batch of bad fuel, new piston and the ground electrode braking of, new piston it has been great.

Exactly what I believe may be the issue....and the fact it still ran, just wouldn't idle. The saw never once locked up, just wouldn't idle and was down on power. Thanks
Why not work with the dealer you bought the saw from? Or was that the first place you took it?

I bought mine in 2012 from spike60, because I knew he would take care of any problems. But it's been flawless...

I did not buy it locally. I called a couple places locally and priced it. They were way higher in price than what I bought it for and both local places had no idea about auto tune nor did they have the software to diagnose it. I found two more dealers through talking to people I know and that would be dealer 1 and dealer 2. Again, little or no experience with the pro saws and auto tune. Apparantly the 460 rancher is what everyone wants around here. After getting the quotes and local dealers trying to push me towards something else I bought elsewhere. I did learn that another guy locally is getting set up now, and he's extremely reputable and a friend of mine. Future issues will be handled no problem. But that's not gonna help me now. I understand buying locally and would've loved to go that route but didn't due to lack of local dealer confidence, and what I feel as being overpriced. The dealer that has it now put it best, he said"I don't care where you bought it, it doesn't matter. We're here to service it. " It would be nice to develop a relationship with a reputable place, but it's gotta go both ways. I was quoted $750 for the saw from both local dealers, and bought it for $669 with 3 chains online, free shipping and no tax. Add tax to the $750 and its up to $800 in a hurry. thats a huge price difference, especially considering the lack of good support. I feel confident husky will make it right.

Latest posts

Back