562xp seized under warranty need dealer help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwoehr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I seized my 562 this afternoon. The saw was running poorly and would die at idle whenever I would put it down. I noticed it was really hot so I pulled the muffler, the piston is scored to heck. The saw is under warranty for another month, but the local dealers are not very helpful. Only one is a "Servicing Dealer" and none of them actually sell Husky saws. I've been to the servicing dealer when the saw was newer and they weren't very helpful (I was having a hot start issue and still am...er was) I'm going to take it in to them tomorrow, but I don't have much hope. They don't even have the Auto Tune diagnostic stuff.

Has anyone else lean seized an auto tune saw? I kind of thought it would be impossible if everything was working right.

I live near Seattle, WA. Does anyone know of a good dealer in the area? Any advice of what to do if Husqvarna and the dealer won't warranty the saw. Unfortunately I think this is likely.

If the dealer doesn't help you out,( probably will say it's from ethanol in gas) look up masterminds thread on how to save the cylinder and put a new meteor piston in and caber rings. But first you have to figure out why it scored.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

If the dealer doesn't help you out,( probably will say it's from ethanol in gas) look up masterminds thread on how to save the cylinder and put a new meteor piston in and caber rings. But first you have to figure out why it scored.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
It's under warranty, no need for that, Husqvarna is responsible to fix it.

I have seen this a couple of times at the dealership I am at. The process is we check the fuel,check carb settings then do a visual inspection. Air filter in place etc.., then a pressure and leak down test. IF there is an air leak it is covered but many times we find no leak and it is deemed as operator error. ( fuel most times, TS 500i just last week straight gassed no warranty ) Now if the customer is a regular ( tree service, landscaper ) we can do a " good faith " claim where Stihl pays for the parts but the customer pays labour. Depending on the dealer and their relationship they can push many claims through.

I seized my 562 this afternoon. The saw was running poorly and would die at idle whenever I would put it down. I noticed it was really hot so I pulled the muffler, the piston is scored to heck. The saw is under warranty for another month, but the local dealers are not very helpful. Only one is a "Servicing Dealer" and none of them actually sell Husky saws. I've been to the servicing dealer when the saw was newer and they weren't very helpful (I was having a hot start issue and still am...er was) I'm going to take it in to them tomorrow, but I don't have much hope. They don't even have the Auto Tune diagnostic stuff.

Has anyone else lean seized an auto tune saw? I kind of thought it would be impossible if everything was working right.

I live near Seattle, WA. Does anyone know of a good dealer in the area? Any advice of what to do if Husqvarna and the dealer won't warranty the saw. Unfortunately I think this is likely.

Make sure you dump out the straight gas and refill with premix.

It had oil in the gas, but I'm worried that they will deny the claim out there isn't anything obviously wrong with the saw. I don't have a lot of confidence in my local dealer. I could be wrong though. I'll find out tomorrow.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Make sure you dump out the straight gas and refill with premix.

Once you eliminate air leaks, with a vac/pressure test and foreign matter ingested you can only deduce it was straight gas. The relationship you have with your dealer is very important, they are the ones that look at the saw and validate the warranty claim. I wish you luck.

I have seen this a couple of times at the dealership I am at. The process is we check the fuel,check carb settings then do a visual inspection. Air filter in place etc.., then a pressure and leak down test. IF there is an air leak it is covered but many times we find no leak and it is deemed as operator error. ( fuel most times, TS 500i just last week straight gassed no warranty ) Now if the customer is a regular ( tree service, landscaper ) we can do a " good faith " claim where Stihl pays for the parts but the customer pays labour. Depending on the dealer and their relationship they can push many claims through.

Those 500i are fun I worked on one for the dealer it would nt idle

had to replace all the throttle items it idles now

theres no idle stop adjustment what up with that !

Latest posts

Back