562xp seized under warranty need dealer help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never seized an autotune but my ground guys have ruined one to many normal saws... what type of oil? What ratio how old was the gas did you lend it out? Strange things can happen, I kept hearing a rattling in my 390xp I shook it and something was inside the muffler I then remembered my 2 year old was playing around it and I guess he had put a big bolt down inside it... how much run time on the saw? How do you mix your fuel?

I just heard back from the "Dealer" they opened it up and found that it was seized. They didn't do any tests but they are charging my $50 for the inspection and say it is my fault for lack of lubrication and will not help with any warranty claim. Well gotta go drive 25 miles to pick it up and pay them for basically telling me to "**** off"

I just heard back from the "Dealer" they opened it up and found that it was seized. They didn't do any tests but they are charging my $50 for the inspection and say it is my fault for lack of lubrication and will not help with any warranty claim. Well gotta go drive 25 miles to pick it up and pay them for basically telling me to "**** off"

It's very likely they charged you $50 hoping you'd just give them the saw to clear the bill. It's a tactic used by shady dealers to steal saws.

Refuse to pay and call corporate. Get ahold of the district sales/service rep.

I wanted to get the saw back so I could try and get it fixed so I already paid them. I asked them if they hooked the saw up to diagnostics or did a vacuum or compression test and they said "No, It seized due to lack of lubrication. That's a user fault so there is no warranty" then they took my money.

Please, anyone reading this, do not use the Small Engine Clinic in Silverdale, WA.

Man that stinks. What does a dealer get paid by Husqvarna to deny a warranty claim?

Man that stinks. What does a dealer get paid by Husqvarna to deny a warranty claim?
I don't know, probably nothing, but they did get $50 from me and would have got around $500 more if I had them fix it. And as far as I can tell they didn't even try to contact Husqvarna.

Man that's bad. Terry what percentage would you say of seized saws are straight gassed coming through your shop?

Terry, I tried to call earlier, but only got a message. Then I saw in another thread that you were in for surgery today. I wish you a speedy recovery and I'll try to contact you again on Monday.
yes,I wont be back in the shop til Monday,sorry

There was a thread about why people continue buy Stihl chainsaws. This is a good example why. Dealer support.
We are paid by Stihl in this sort of situation. I suggest you contact Husqvarna and speak to someone in the technical department. In the end it is clear it is the dealership that sucks but the customer will be jaded for sure. Hope you get this sorted.

trust me when I say that there are just as many bad stihl dealers as there is any other brand. worthless dealers come in all flavors. in my town stihl owners come to my dealership and act like there isn't even a stihl dealer just a block away.

trust me when I say that there are just as many bad stihl dealers as there is any other brand. worthless dealers come in all flavors. in my town stihl owners come to my dealership and act like there isn't even a stihl dealer just a block away.
That is the crux of the issue the bad dealers give the saw makers a bad name. For us the Husqvarna dealer network is none existent. We gave a saw back to a customer no charge today because we were unable after 3 weeks to get parts for it. The local Husqvarna decided it would be better to withhold the parts and punish the customer for brining it to a stihl dealer. The customer was left with the impression that Husqvarna was not a good brand.

didi mention your warranty is only as good as your dealer...... call my shop

Yes it is buddy. And most guys don't know how warranty really works.

Truth is boys, that we have lot of latitude on this stuff. It's generally the dealer, not the OEM that makes the call here. After all, the saw is on OUR bench, not down in Charlotte or Virginia Beach. So, the dealer has to make the determination as to what happened and who's at fault. OEM issue, they pay. Dealer screw up, dealer pays. Customer screw up, customer pays. Sounds real simple right? But it's not. It only stays simple if the dealer really plays it straight and calls it like it is. And in order to do that, he needs to actually have the skill to figure out what happened.

This situation is already messed up, and I wouldn't want to touch it right now. The whole thing has been compromised by the dealer tearing the thing down. For Terry or me to get involved right now is a dicey proposition, cause that saw needs to be presure/vac tested. We can still check for failure codes, but if a code shows an air leak was present, where was it before the not-so-good dealer took the saw apart. I'm 95% sure the OP is faultless here, but it might be hard to figure out what actually went wrong with this saw. For me it's like the instant replay rules. Got to have conclusive evidence to "overturn the call".

We could easily fudge the whole thing and get it covered, because that is part of the latitude I mentioned. But something like that is SERIOUSLY dishonest, and I would never file a bogus claim. But I know dealers who will do that crap. The customer loves it too. Guys say "I'm a "good customer" and the dealer's a "good guy", cause he got Husky to pay". Really? Just remember, a dealer who will lie FOR you, is a guy who will also lie TO you. Honesty doesn't have an on/off switch.

I wanted to get the saw back so I could try and get it fixed so I already paid them. I asked them if they hooked the saw up to diagnostics or did a vacuum or compression test and they said "No, It seized due to lack of lubrication. That's a user fault so there is no warranty" then they took my money.

Please, anyone reading this, do not use the Small Engine Clinic in Silverdale, WA.

I know they are not always loving towards Huskies but I can tell you they are straight shooters. The only place around here with the autotune diagnostic software is the Stihl dealer in Silverdale and they are 3 weeks out ... ask me how I know. Oh right... my 562xp is limping now on the low end but I wont pay $100 to get it flashed (Kitsap Tractor has a 2 hr pay ip front minimum on all diagnostic work)

Im local to you let me know if I can help in any way.

Back