56cc mastercraft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1af37073998581af95fb820bc1ef0310.jpg
both 60cc

Nice. My saw is an '87, it has the brake. Having an issue now with the tank vent. Grrrr. This is what happens when a saw sits for a few yrs with several people who know nothing about saws go messing with and try to fix. Runs great when vent works properly.

Most just use a duckbill vent, I use the white tank breathers and drill the hole slightly bigger so the breather barb and fuel line fit in the hole nice and tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi again everybody!! i haven't been on all summer simply because I put the saw off to the side and was tinkering with my old garden tractor all summer. I thought I would revive this thread and give an update. Took the saw out to a very good shop around here and he put a different style vent into it. I took it approx 3 weeks ago and after sitting with no fuel in it all summer, it really didn't want to run, hard to start, dying at full throttle etc. i brought it home, let it sit over night and went out to try it. started right up, ran great. think maybe the carb etc had "dried out" with no fuel in it and just needed to "re-hydrate". going out next weekend to cut up a lot of wood, a friend is having about 20 cord dropped off, so will see how it goes. the few cuts I have made with it when it had run proper have really impressed me. hopefully it will run all day, and I can actually put some hrs on it.

hi again everybody!! i haven't been on all summer simply because I put the saw off to the side and was tinkering with my old garden tractor all summer. I thought I would revive this thread and give an update. Took the saw out to a very good shop around here and he put a different style vent into it. I took it approx 3 weeks ago and after sitting with no fuel in it all summer, it really didn't want to run, hard to start, dying at full throttle etc. i brought it home, let it sit over night and went out to try it. started right up, ran great. think maybe the carb etc had "dried out" with no fuel in it and just needed to "re-hydrate". going out next weekend to cut up a lot of wood, a friend is having about 20 cord dropped off, so will see how it goes. the few cuts I have made with it when it had run proper have really impressed me. hopefully it will run all day, and I can actually put some hrs on it.
Glad to hear you got that resolved. Hope it works throughout your day. Be careful.

Ok, didn't get out last weekend to cut wood due to father in law having a stroke. Think it was relatively minor and should likely make a full recovery before too long.
But, I did try to start the saw the other with no luck. Tried putting a touch of fuel in the cylinder but now the dang thing is flooded. Yes, i am an idiot lol. Anyway the plug that is in it is a fancy triple diamond point thing. Can't remember brand off hand, lol, but am wanting to put an NGK into it but can only find a listing for Champion CJ8Y. Does anybody know the NGK plug number? Thanks

Ok, didn't get out last weekend to cut wood due to father in law having a stroke. Think it was relatively minor and should likely make a full recovery before too long.
But, I did try to start the saw the other with no luck. Tried putting a touch of fuel in the cylinder but now the dang thing is flooded. Yes, i am an idiot lol. Anyway the plug that is in it is a fancy triple diamond point thing. Can't remember brand off hand, lol, but am wanting to put an NGK into it but can only find a listing for Champion CJ8Y. Does anybody know the NGK plug number? Thanks
NGK - BPM6A

Latest posts

Back