576xp being replaced with 572XP . . . Latest generation auto tune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm just dropping in to let you guys know that you guys don't even know how sweet this new saw is :D the rear handle pic IMO is likely not legit as the one i've ran a few times now was stripped of all stickers including the serial tag and looked to have never had them. probably some kind of protection thing in case one of their testers got sloppy and accidently let the public see it. as a matter of fact i know exactly where the prototype i ran is stashed right now. it's up on a hill on the tree line of a half havested cut block stashed under and old stump in the pissing rain. it's also got nearly 2 years of regular production falling on it now and still runs great. the rep testing husqvarna products has turned out to be a real good friend of mine. he told me yesterday that testing is almost done and apparently alot of guys are already done with their testing. i asked him if he had to kill the saw and he said it's based on hours so if it's still alive after the hours mark it'll still be a runner. he also has a 372XT with all the decals stripped and he told me it was a prototype as well.

i'm just dropping in to let you guys know that you guys don't even know how sweet this new saw is :D the rear handle pic IMO is likely not legit as the one i've ran a few times now was stripped of all stickers including the serial tag and looked to have never had them. probably some kind of protection thing in case one of their testers got sloppy and accidently let the public see it. as a matter of fact i know exactly where the prototype i ran is stashed right now. it's up on a hill on the tree line of a half havested cut block stashed under and old stump in the pissing rain. it's also got nearly 2 years of regular production falling on it now and still runs great. the rep testing husqvarna products has turned out to be a real good friend of mine. he told me yesterday that testing is almost done and apparently alot of guys are already done with their testing. i asked him if he had to kill the saw and he said it's based on hours so if it's still alive after the hours mark it'll still be a runner. he also has a 372XT with all the decals stripped and he told me it was a prototype as well.

Did you mean you ran the 590 prototype and that the rep has the 572 and not the 372 that you typed?

Just looking for confirmation to make certain, nice to hear they are out there.

Dave.

Did you mean you ran the 590 prototype and that the rep has the 572 and not the 372 that you typed?

Just looking for confirmation to make certain, nice to hear they are out there.

Dave.

nope, he has a 372 XT as a spare saw and has had it since he tested it for husky. they let him keep it i guess. the saw i ran was 70cc class. and that's about all i could get out of him. even to this day i keep fishing for info everytime i see him and he is careful of what he tells me. he did tell me that there is a 90cc class saw in testing right now too though. the guy is from swedan and is the only guy i know from there. it's weird to see him cause he had that weird european look and has a black wife and kids. trippy seeing his casper face with his family with him LOL. SOB can drink too!

Did the one westcoaster ran have the 562 off idle stumble/hesitation? How was the AV compared to other 5 series saws 545/550/555/562 ect? Bigger springs? Have they improved the air filter and gone for a round 'auto style' similar to the hd2? Quad port? Strato generation? Have you ran it side by side with any other saws? Grey clutch cover? Basketball shoe look? Carb? So many questions with so few answers :(We need a full and complete review of this ghost saw including pics of it being ported!!lol

it looks nearly identical to a 562 but a little bigger and has an orange case. the one i've ran also had a full wrap rather then a 3/4. had no hesitation/stumble at all. one thing i do feel a need to ***** about is the AV. i never liked the 372 AV because i was to mushy with longer bars and the new saw is the same way. i didn't get to remove the top cover but i'm sure the filter is similar to that of a 562. it did have a grey clutch cover and looked like a basketball shoe if that's what the 562 looks like to you LOL. was a real nice saw to run though and i'm pretty stoked to get one. i was stoked to get me a 661 but after running them both i just decided to wait for the husky.

Did the one westcoaster ran have the 562 off idle stumble/hesitation? How was the AV compared to other 5 series saws 545/550/555/562 ect? Bigger springs? Have they improved the air filter and gone for a round 'auto style' similar to the hd2? Quad port? Strato generation? Have you ran it side by side with any other saws? Grey clutch cover? Basketball shoe look? Carb? So many questions with so few answers :(We need a full and complete review of this ghost saw including pics of it being ported!!lol
hopefully husky does their homework, and does ample field testing before rushing this saw to market like the fumbled 562xp. at any rate they have their work cut out for them to if they wish to best the 461/661 saws. and then theres the 462 m-tronic, or is it a direct injected, FI model.............

hopefully husky does their homework, and does ample field testing before rushing this saw to market like the fumbled 562xp. at any rate they have their work cut out for them to if they wish to best the 461/661 saws. and then theres the 462 m-tronic, or is it a direct injected, FI model.............
Well its good they have a high standard of competition IMO as it encourages brands to invest in their products and evolve. Hopefully they learned a thing or two from the 562 and 'get it right' like the 372. l wish they put a better filter setup with something like a hd2. l don't mind the 576xp actually but the market did not recieve it well and many husky guys just buy 372's (not a good result). l hope they put a sturdy side chain tensioner on this 572. l won't buy one untill they have been out for a while and trusted members say they like them.

I could definitely imagine the 572 as a bigger looking version of the 562. Hell, if they literally just scaled up a 562 in size I'm sure a lot of people would be happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be tickled pink if the two saws are similar to the 545/ 550/555/560/562 as the 372 is to the 385/390. Smooth running, eye catching, crazy cutting saws. My 562 and 2260 have been flawless performance wise.

it looks nearly identical to a 562 but a little bigger and has an orange case. the one i've ran also had a full wrap rather then a 3/4. had no hesitation/stumble at all. one thing i do feel a need to ***** about is the AV. i never liked the 372 AV because i was to mushy with longer bars and the new saw is the same way. i didn't get to remove the top cover but i'm sure the filter is similar to that of a 562. it did have a grey clutch cover and looked like a basketball shoe if that's what the 562 looks like to you LOL. was a real nice saw to run though and i'm pretty stoked to get one. i was stoked to get me a 661 but after running them both i just decided to wait for the husky.

What do you consider "longer" bars? The 372, 575 and 576 are all only rated for 28" bars. Even if they can pull more, how well do they oil? At any rate, I agree that the springs aren't ideally matched to do their job with my 32" bar, but I think if they were then they wouldn't perform as well with shorter bars in the 20-24" length. Everything is a trade off.

How do you feel about the 3/4 wrap of the 562XP? I have read that for people who want more than a 1/2 wrap they like the 3/4 like Stihl's design because it provides more hand grip options than a full wrap. If Husky gives a 3/4 option on the 562 but only a full option on the 572, would you be bummed?

In my opinion a solid 26" bar is max for a 372. Anything over 28" and the AV limiters start bottoming out. Guys here run 36" on the 372 with the stock Oilers and never have a problem. I hate the AV mushiness and will run a 385/390 at that point but seems a lot of guys don't care. If people here actually used a saw for more then one tank at a time they would ****. A 385/390 will make a good damn mess around a 42" bar if using the thick husky bar oil. Have chain correctly tensioned for 6 tanks then pull it off the look. Rails will be gooped with oil LOL. I know one guy here who puts 385/390 oilers on a 372 for logging even though I feel it ain't needed. I like the 3/4 on my 562 but I still like the full wrap better. I know it's not considered safe to have your hand under a moving chain but sometime when slapping an undercut in I can't get my hand down low enough on the powerhead. Not saying I would put my hand right underneath the clutch cover but on the bottom of the side of it is where my hand feels best when using the side of the bar in an undercut. 3/4 wrap doesn't allow this

In my opinion a solid 26" bar is max for a 372. Anything over 28" and the AV limiters start bottoming out. Guys here run 36" on the 372 with the stock Oilers and never have a problem. I hate the AV mushiness and will run a 385/390 at that point but seems a lot of guys don't care. If people here actually used a saw for more then one tank at a time they would ****. A 385/390 will make a good damn mess around a 42" bar if using the thick husky bar oil. Have chain correctly tensioned for 6 tanks then pull it off the look. Rails will be gooped with oil LOL. I know one guy here who puts 385/390 oilers on a 372 for logging even though I feel it ain't needed. I like the 3/4 on my 562 but I still like the full wrap better. I know it's not considered safe to have your hand under a moving chain but sometime when slapping an undercut in I can't get my hand down low enough on the powerhead. Not saying I would put my hand right underneath the clutch cover but on the bottom of the side of it is where my hand feels best when using the side of the bar in an undercut. 3/4 wrap doesn't allow this

36 on a 372 wow! Keep us updated on the new saw.

Heres a West Coast felling 372 machine, except I sold another 372 and the guy wanted a wrap handle, so I had to take off the original wrap and put a regular one on this saw, doesn't look the same, but has the large dogs, runs 32" bar with skip tooth Until they come out with another, this is still the World Champion, at least the decals from this 2005 model boldly say so!! To me, 562 looks like its out of the old Alien movie, not a bad thing. Just as with the 661, big shoes to fill, hopefully won't have the growing pains new saws often have.

Attachments

• DSC03371.JPG
    DSC03371.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC03372.JPG
    DSC03372.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC03373.JPG
    DSC03373.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 105
Don't think anything is different than the usual 372 of the time except the decals, that said I grab older beatup machines first since this one is being handed down to one of the sons. The top yellow sticker is different, maybe it was from Canada, don't know exactly.

This thread is going on two years old... Anyone still "waiting" for a 572xp to appear? Any more info on what Husky is working on/out or waiting for, or sightings or use experienced?

This thread is going on two years old... Anyone still "waiting" for a 572xp to appear? Any more info on what Husky is working on/out or waiting for, or sightings or use experienced?
Since the 590 timberwolf echo was reduced to $399 and has more awsomeness than an F1 car Husky gave up....they threw in the towel cancelled the 572 and walked off to the nearest echo dealer to buy one for themselves.

My dealer told me that the whole project was sent back to engineering stage . he said he went the woodsman thing in NY met the designer of the saw . the designer said the Saws bearing were failing very regularly . it was designed on the 562 platform . the designer said its at least a year out .

Latest posts

Back