60 ton splitter on HD site?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got an (another) email from the home depot for outdoor equipment and browsing through the log splitter section I sorted highest to lowest price to s÷ how high they sell for and came across this one. 60TON ?? really is this thing truly capable of producing that much force? Thats the highest I have ever seen one listed at. I have a Northstar 30 ton and that thing splits everything i put before it. This thing has to be effortless. Anyone have one or ever seen it work? Price for those specs is good also in my opinion.
3d265a2ccce3880bdecaa645f88a16d8.jpg
74c5d6269e89827bf9cbea4bd30930f4.jpg

No.

Even if that's an 7" cylinder it'd have to run at almost 3200psi to make 60 tons.

The whole business looks like juck to me. My larger splitter is rated at 40 tons with a 6'' cylinder and weighs more than 1,500 lbs. My splitter with a start wedge started twisting to where it had to be cut apart and restructured. it uses a reinforced 14'' I beam. So the item pictured could not possibly hold up to 120,000 lbs of working force even one time. Thanks

The whole business looks like juck to me. My larger splitter is rated at 40 tons with a 6'' cylinder and weighs more than 1,500 lbs. My splitter with a start wedge started twisting to where it had to be cut apart and restructured. it uses a reinforced 14'' I beam. So the item pictured could not possibly hold up to 120,000 lbs of working force even one time. Thanks
That's what I thought about this machine. But for them to make such a BOLD statement that its NOT a typo about the force is worthy of a video on its ACTUAL power. Im gonna look on you tube to see if anyone has done that yet.
Didnt find this one yet but did find a manufacture video on another claiming 60tons. Take note of the small hydo lines and all. They put some real garbage wood in that thing also to show its strength lol

Latest posts

Back