• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 65L with Bow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny.W

saw hack
Reaction score
ok I have what I think is a 65L its a lil different then sum of the 65L s I have seen.it haze 175+psi new gas line and filter runs good. ill try to get a vide win the rain stops. I think I got all the good and bad on the pics .the bow is got a lot of life still on it and I can ad new guards to bow for more$$ so like $415 or $450 with new guardsIMG_1706.JPG IMG_1707.JPG IMG_1708.JPG IMG_1709.JPG IMG_1710.JPG IMG_1711.JPG IMG_1712.JPG IMG_1713.JPG IMG_1714.JPG IMG_1715.JPG

Greetings sir, just out of curiosity what would you value the power head only on this neat old saw?

Greetings sir, just out of curiosity what would you value the power head only on this neat old saw?
I'm not sure , I'mtrying to gather some info onthis saw, as there aren't many around, built in 1974 for what i've read,but trying to find upgrades on it, so I can't really say, might ck with Sawtroll as he may know ,as $ 450 for a 65cc saw seems steep but I want to make sure ,

Willing to bet @SawTroll would say this is a little less than twice what this setup is worth, to anyone but a collector of obsolete saws/bow bars.

I would say that even that is very "optimistic", but I'm not an expert on the collectors market in the US. Also I don't know if a bow bar adds any value or not - I assume that depends on the buyer.

I would say that even that is very "optimistic", but I'm not an expert on the collectors market in the US. Also I don't know if a bow bar adds any value or not - I assume that depends on the buyer.
glad i was in the neighborhood at least. Market here is pretty minimal for saws
Of this age as actual users.

um yall did see that its a Bow saw rite? and for that $$$ im having new guards made for the bow (cant get them any more so have to have them made) that's time and $$. if I wus goint sell just the saw id sell it for $250ish

its $100-150 just to rebuild a Bow. and most of the ones you see for sale on eBay will still need to be rebuilt or they sell for $250+. and you tell if a bow is still got a lot of life in it by the stellite weld and cracks chips and straightness of the bow

Back