661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I think my muff modded 661 running 50:1 will beat a ported 661 running 32:1. I don't believe you can make up 7 seconds. I believe your running to much oil and it's slowing down the piston and overheating the saw.

Dex!!! wuts up baby! heh yeah dude same roll. why i like to get 2 or 3 logs and 1 cut cut each in succession. See below.

Damn, this thread just got interesting! I wanna see this!

l was out many pages ago due to one or two that have never had a foot up the a$$. But l keep dropping in to how many times ya's all been round the track. Its an endless journey the oil thread it just goes round and round but l must say its kinda dappa when the op posts Belray's side of the story and stuff. My saws parts and plastics wear out way faster than the engines. l have seen many stihl saws run on stihls cheapest orange bottle stuff and seen decades of service on farms. l can replace many of my saws within two years buy NOT running top dollar name brand ester base full synthetic oil. l think your better off finding a 'good' oil at a 'great' price, its actually easy. Full synthetic's biggest negative is price and you have to consider that in a commercial situation. There are plenty of fd rated semi synthetics out there at a fraction of the cost. You also need not worry about slow/poor ring seal during break in, rust, glazed piston's, loss of throttle response/power if one chooses a sensible 'semi synthetic' oil. Many semi synthetics are rated higher than their full synthetic cousins and give you kinda the best of 'both worlds'.

Thats why I recommended the OP try a blended oil.

Isnt Citgo the base stock supply for Yamaha?
Not currently based on the latest msds sheet I saw, but they have made 2R in the past.
One mistake people make is assuming the company marketing an oil produces the oil. In reality most are just blenders. Companies like Amsoil, Belray etc simply buy base oils and then blend with additives they get from companies like Lubrizol. That's one advantage Mobil had and why MX2T was so good. They could custom taylor base oils to that particular product, a luxury blenders do not have.

Not currently based on the latest msds sheet I saw, but they have made 2R in the past.
One mistake people make is assuming the company marketing an oil produces the oil. In reality most are just blenders. Companies like Amsoil, Belray etc simply buy base oils and then blend with additives they get from companies like Lubrizol. That's one advantage Mobil had and why MX2T was so good. They could custom taylor base oils to that particular product, a luxury blenders do not have.
Motul, belray, or klotz have their own?

Latest posts

Back