661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K2 is turning into a much better option than I origionally thought.
Brad has been suggesting its use for some time now .................
and I do see why;
Virtually no smell, nice oily protection inside, no tuning issues, crisp running motors ............................................................ whats not to like ??

Knives? :) I need to get some pics of my fixed blades.

IMG_4956-L.jpg

IMG_4975-L.jpg

20150324_175235-L.jpg

20150324_175441-L.jpg

CRK%20Sebenza%20Ole%20Glory%203-L.jpg

CRK%20Sebenza%20Damascus%20CF%205-L.jpg

20150313_135346-L.jpg
Brad do you have any Randall, Liles, Blackjack, or Canal Street or a KW Loveless? Id like a KW but 2000 to 4000 is out of my range

I can shave with this knife. Kershaw, made here in town. Sharpest knives I have ever owned.

View attachment 433923

Mine gets the crap beat out of it ,when it wont cut at all i take it to the bottom of the silvey grinder to make it sharp enough to cut :cool: If it gets too bad ,take the tip ,and clamp it in a vise and bust it off ,and the snap on guy gives me another one .yes the blade is half ground off ,lol kershaw 002.JPG

Brad do you have any Randall, Liles, Blackjack, or Canal Street or a KW Loveless? Id like a KW but 2000 to 4000 is out of my range
Randall, Lile, and Loveless belong in a special category by themselves. Both Lile and Loveless knives are extremely pricey not only because they're handmade quality but also due to the makers are deceased and those knives are no longer made. Bo Randall's son, Gary, is carrying on their knife making.

Mine gets the crap beat out of it ,when it wont cut at all i take it to the bottom of the silvey grinder to make it sharp enough to cut :cool: If it gets too bad ,take the tip ,and clamp it in a vise and bust it off ,and the snap on guy gives me another one .yes the blade is half ground off ,lol View attachment 433927

That there is knife abuse. Might even be a misty meaner in some states. Breakin' knives to get a new one... good idea!

I can shave with this knife. Kershaw, made here in town. Sharpest knives I have ever owned.

View attachment 433923

Mine gets the crap beat out of it ,when it wont cut at all i take it to the bottom of the silvey grinder to make it sharp enough to cut :cool: If it gets too bad ,take the tip ,and clamp it in a vise and bust it off ,and the snap on guy gives me another one .yes the blade is half ground off ,lol View attachment 433927

My daily weapon of choice.....

image.jpg

took out the first cuts as they were what I do as warm up cuts.

Times

800 - 45:1
23.4 25.0 35.1

800 - 32:1
23.4 23.2 36.4

Considering the 404 RM chain doesn't seem to cut as nice/smooth/clean as the RS. I'd have to say for all intents and purposes those times are damn near equal. But I will say it was a HOT 93F out. I ran 32:1 the other day when it was cooler and it didn't seem as nice as it was today. So maybe 40:1 would be a nice happy medium.

here is 45:1 800 the other day when it was cooler out. Sounds better ?

In any case there is no huge drop off in times like with H1R. Unless not doing the "reset" wast he cause of the drop off.

I'd have to say given Mdavelee's milling success with 800 off road and given the high viscosity (probable extra protection...yes I know there is more to it then just that number), and given it's a similar formulation to stihl ultra (all ester and additive package with nothing else)...man if this stuff runs as fast as the other oils out there (dumonde, amsoil, r50, k2, R2, ultra, h1r and mobil 1 2xt) this would be my personal clear winner.

I'd have to say given Mdavelee's milling success with 800 off road and given the high viscosity ....................... this would be my personal clear winner.

800 is good stuff !
I am torn between K2, 800, and R50 ...................... have some Mobil to run soon, but it looks like my field has only 3 players now being the Mobil is getting more and more difficult to source

Latest posts

Back