661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Windthrown is right.. and syn oils are no harder on rubber parts IME. I would worry about ethanol much more in that regard.
Well he's not "right" as in tcw3 won't and should never be used in a chainsaw. That's been proven. It may not be what the manufacturers want, but it works fine.

As far as the ethanol, we have only had e free that I've noticed for 2 years here. The 51, my 625, and concrete saw have only ever ran on pump 87 and tcw3. Original rings were worn on the 625 (1988 model) and the concrete saw (1996). As I stated, the ts400 needed a new fuel line.

So maybe it's the tcw3/pump 87 combination that doesn't eat rubber. Idk. Everything on the 51 is like new inside.

Well he's not "right" as in tcw3 won't and should never be used in a chainsaw. That's been proven. It may not be what the manufacturers want, but it works fine.

As far as the ethanol, we have only had e free that I've noticed for 2 years here. The 51, my 625, and concrete saw have only ever ran on pump 87 and tcw3. Original rings were worn on the 625 (1988 model) and the concrete saw (1996). As I stated, the ts400 needed a new fuel line.

So maybe it's the tcw3/pump 87 combination that doesn't eat rubber. Idk. Everything on the 51 is like new inside.
It works like **** and I am not guessing. And why bother when the correct oil is available?
It's nothing to due with oil in regards to your rubber parts lasting.

I see you still want to continue to lie about Mcmillan stocks and are now trying to crawl away from your original statement...keep digging dumb azz.
And Ryobi is a real global leader...lmfao.
thats the thing about telling BS stories like you do & telling the truth, there is less to remember when telling the truth! I dont know exactly what your dribbling on about now at all, like youve been shown to be wrong on ashless oils being recommended by manufacturers & mcmillan stocks dont exclusively only come with pillar blocks unless you order them as such ( go to their site & see their order form ) keep the stories comimg as they are very entertaining, just keep them to an almost believable level for the readers enjoyment waiting for the next installment.

thats the thing about telling BS stories like you do & telling the truth, there is less to remember when telling the truth! I dont know exactly what your dribbling on about now at all, like youve been shown to be wrong on ashless oils being recommended by manufacturers & mcmillan stocks dont exclusively only come with pillar blocks unless you order them as such ( go to their site & see their order form ) keep the stories comimg as they are very entertaining, just keep them to an almost believable level for the readers enjoyment waiting for the next installment.
The edge stock ONLY comes pillar bedded dumb azz... and it's been that way since it was released. I know because I have owned a bunch..since the begining.. so keep on lieing all you want. Anyone with half a brain can see you are nothing but a stupid cull.
And you found one ashless oil that's reccomended for aircooled use..bravo! All the rest are low ash, not that you even know what that means..

Howdy-

Yes BW, I have a tough time in my head accepting the ashless versus something low-ash, I am certain Stihl did in-house testing (as shown in the article). Are base oils are improved to the point where the oil is the best combination of clean operating and protection ? (outside of a racing 2 stroke kart)

http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/CMSFileLibrary/MSDS/Stihl_HP_Ultra.pdf

Verifying on my $99 leaf blower using Stihl Ultra.

I use 20:1 and tune carb for this ratio, no carbon build at all, and on the 3rd year Stihl Ultra, all OK.

I can't prove this- but I believe from some older MSDS sheets - that Echo Red Armor is ashless (see the corrosion inhibitor).

Rated jaso like stihl ultra. So maybe ashless no longer means outboard motors only?

http://www.shindaiwa-usa.com/getattachment/9ee40453-a8f5-4647-988b-b20ebe5afe03
http://additives.shamrockoils.com/l...ibitor/rust-and-corrosion-inhibitor-1?print=1

Any corrections or info appreciated !
the stihl blurb on their synthetic ashless oil shows a clean piston after 500 hrs of use with their synthetic ashless oil against a stained piston using a non ashless oil. they cant advertise the fact if it isnt true because that would be false advertising & they would be open to be nailed by every ambulance chaser looking to make a quick buck, we need to forget every prejudice on the subject because obviously the technology has advanced & changed from something that was once not recommended, just like oil ratios.
thansk

the stihl blurb on their synthetic ashless oil shows a clean piston after 500 hrs of use with their synthetic ashless oil against a stained piston using a non ashless oil. they cant advertise the fact if it isnt true because that would be false advertising & they would be open to be nailed by every ambulance chaser looking to make a quick buck, we need to forget every prejudice on the subject because obviously the technology has advanced & changed from something that was once not recommended, just like oil ratios.
thansk
Really? You are even less intelligent than I thought. Slick 50 user too?

The edge stock ONLY comes pillar bedded dumb azz... and it's been that way since it was released. I know because I have owned a bunch..since the begining.. so keep on lieing all you want. Anyone with half a brain can see you are nothing but a stupid cull.
And you found one ashless oil that's reccomended for aircooled use..bravo! All the rest are low ash, not that you even know what that means..
thats not what the order form says on their site, who is right them or you? I not on your side with this one unless they have a special wanker order form which they dont display for normal folks. it seems you cant count either stihl & ryobi have ashless synthetic oils, congratulations you have just won tool of the week award, again!

Like to see the email I sent them when you first spewed your bs? Hint.. your not right..per usual..
it doesnt really matter if if im right or wrong, what your disputing is their website which clearly says different, but also hints that they have a special wanker portal for those who cant even count

No we are disputing to the fact that you said you added pillars to gun stocks which already come with them..which was a total lie.
you must have had a medication change or something to become confused because i dont & never have had a mcmillan stock

And there website doesn't say that for the edge stock, which is what we were originally talking about. Their website says they come with pillars too..
their online pdf printable order form includes the edge stock, further in the form there are boxes that can be ticked for whether pillar blocks are required or not.
even though it s a good effort you cant win tool of the week twice in the same week. LOL
https://www.mcmillanusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/mcmillan_order_form.pdf

Back