661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok boyz - pick 4 of them. I think I have enough wood and chain to do 4 right now. Saw won't be ported but I'd like to get something done before it gets too cold.

- spikes will be off the saw. so no doggin
- Will do at least 4 timed cuts followed immediately by 5 or 6 cuts in smaller wood as fast as I can do them to heat up the saw. Then take jug temp
- bar will be 28" - 404 RS 7pin.

- I secured myself a couple of piss test cups! lol I've checked the measurement lines on the side...they are dead on! SOO the ratios will be 100% correct, no eyeballing it.

- So I will buy a bunch of empty milk jugs and buy the gas all from the same station same day etc etc.

-I will run 3-4 ratios of each oil.

- We'll pick the best ratio from each and then put them head to head to pick a winner.

3499nnn.jpg

My money is on K2 at 40:1 !!!!!!! ......... GO MAXIMA OR GO HOME!!!!!!!........ or whatever is cheap......... that's fine too...........

ok boyz - pick 4 of them. I think I have enough wood and chain to do 4 right now. Saw won't be ported but I'd like to get something done before it gets too cold.

- spikes will be off the saw. so no doggin
- Will do at least 4 timed cuts followed immediately by 5 or 6 cuts in smaller wood as fast as I can do them to heat up the saw. Then take jug temp
- bar will be 28" - 404 RS 7pin.

- I secured myself a couple of piss test cups! lol I've checked the measurement lines on the side...they are dead on! SOO the ratios will be 100% correct, no eyeballing it.

- So I will buy a bunch of empty milk jugs and buy the gas all from the same station same day etc etc.

-I will run 3-4 ratios of each oil.

- We'll pick the best ratio from each and then put them head to head to pick a winner.

3499nnn.jpg
this could be a silly suggestion but maybe you could do a test where you cut a log & machine sharpened the chain & progressivly set the rakers after each cut to see if that was in fact a variable, imagine the savings if you found out it wasn't a variable, you could test all those oils at SFA expense.
Thansk

this could be a silly suggestion but maybe you could do a test where you cut a log & machine sharpened the chain & progressivly set the rakers after each cut to see if that was in fact a variable, imagine the savings if you found out it wasn't a variable, you could test all those oils at SFA expense.
Thansk

Good idea Ben. You could do this test. I think Bull has his hands full right about now :)

Back