661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do u see any benefits running lower than 32to1 in these saws?
In general, no. But if one is milling I would not hesitate to drop down to 20:1.
My 562 runs pretty good at that ratio on K2 with a 24" burried in our hard woods.
Milling is about torture to a saw. I can't see even doing it more than incidentally. Band mills are not that expensive and waste much less wood.

In general, no. But if one is milling I would not hesitate to drop down to 20:1.
My 562 runs pretty good at that ratio on K2 with a 24" burried in our hard woods.
Milling is about torture to a saw. I can't see even doing it more than incidentally. Band mills are not that expensive and waste much less wood.
The band I'll isn't the most expensive part. It's a tractor or bobcat big enough to move the logs and a nice dual tandem gooseneck trailer to haul it all on.

Says the moron that believes an oil netted a 7% gain... And the same guy that advocates running a marine oil in a saw despite warnings from Stihl and Husky not to do so..
I relize you have some financial interest in redbulls lunacy, but it's not sharp to make idiotic statements like the above on the internet. It puts your work in doubt.

your right, i'm a moron. what the hell do I know about chainsaws anyway.

Happily, anyone care to suggest an oil that runs the richest/needs the most leaning out on an adjustable carb?
That's all I'm asking. Throw the dog a bone without making him re do everything you've tried.

h1r and schaeffers

I think 50 to 1 is 2.6 oz vs 4 oz at 32 to 1 for 1 gallon of gas that is enough to change tune to me ,some guys are just happy if it starts and cuts though

should you need to change the tune when changing oil if both are at 32-1? if yes, then would that change the power of the motor? is this not the point at hand?

i'm speechless, you posted something that makes sence:surprised3:

should you need to change the tune when changing oil if both are at 32-1? if yes, then would that change the power of the motor? is this not the point at hand?
The last 4 oils I have tried dumonde dtp I had to richen the most to run good,very crisp response in my opinion,Mobil and yamalube we're pretty close 1/8 of a turn to tune out within each other,belray the leanast but milling it seemed to chug along the best part throttle ,this was milling ,my results falling and bucking I liked the dumonde the best ,mainly because of how it limbed, my plug was also the cleanest with dumonde even though I had to tune the richest,very strange but how it was,you would think tuned the richest would have the darker plug.

The last 4 oils I have tried dumonde dtp I had to richen the most to run good,very crisp response in my opinion,Mobil and yamalube we're pretty close 1/8 of a turn to tune out within each other,belray the leanast but milling it seemed to chug along the best part throttle ,this was milling ,my results falling and bucking I liked the dumonde the best ,mainly because of how it limbed, my plug was also the cleanest with dumonde even though I had to tune the richest,very strange but how it was,you would think tuned the richest would have the darker plug.

I've never noticed any real difference in throttle response between oils. This really comes down to tuning and perception IMHO. Reading the plug out of a saw is also very subjective, to say the least.

Back