661 vs 390/395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 395 and it seems they a lower ax rpm than the other 2. The 390 seems to be the highest in the rpm department.
That's exactly what I already said, yep, the 661 is a great compromise between a 390 and a 395. But a ported 390 looks just soo fun to run...

I own a ported 395,394 and 390 but I've only ran a 661 and I liked quite a bit, it cut great for being fat but not even close to a 395 or 4 maybe it was bout equal with my 390.

Ran all of them with a 24 inch bar

That's a 32" bar with still RS chain. That particular 395 was tuned quite rich since it was a total rebuild. I recently sold my 395 to Stihlafiando, who also has the 661 shown above. He says the 395 is faster through big wood. If I could only have one, it would be my 390. It's an animal, and is definitely my favorite saw in this class. I prefer the 661 over the 395 because it's so much more refined, smaller, and lighter.
And yer 390 fly's really well too.

I fell for this stihl horse poo
This thread cost me to over pay for a 661.
Overrated and totally unmatched to compare it to a 395 is just onsane.
Now I own 2 395xp and I paid 11 hundred for each.
Including my two 28" bars(live in fl.)
Don't get me wrong I love my stihl 200t and my 261cm oh and my 361 saw is fine and still run strong.
But I'm always cutting oak everyday and a 661 will never hang with a 395xp.
It's just none sense

I agree about the 661 being the best of them. They handle pretty well for a 90cc class saw, a lot better than a 395 for sure. The ones I've ran, which is only a few different ones, are on par or stronger than a 395. I just like the broader powerband of the 661.
This is the opinion of a man who runs husky, stihl and dolmar saws and loves them all. So my opinion is unbiased. And it's MY opinion and I'm sure everyone has their own

Neither husqvarna saws in this thread is auto tune.
Just for the record.
Just good old fashion tune by hand

Latest posts

Back