7900 Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrichard81

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a couple questions related to the Zama carb used on the 7900 (which I assume is the same as is used on all the saws using that same chassis). I searched the forum and can't find any discussion related to this.
If I cross reference the Dolmar part number with Zama, it is listed as a Zama C3M-DM12 for the USA, circled in green, and C3M-DM11 for the rest of the world, circled in red.
Zama_Cross_Reference.jpg

I assume the difference is just the limiter caps. Can anyone confirm or deny this assumption, or would I just be better to get the C3M-DM12 and trim the limiter caps, assuming they can be easily trimmed. Both appear to be available for purchase in the USA, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks!

I presume you are probably right with just the limiter cap difference. From looking at an IPL it appeard the only differencr is the style of needles and limiter caps.

It's very easy to trim the limiters off so don't let that be a factor. you can trim them or take them off completely which expises a slotted head like a normal jet....just smaller.

I have had good luck with the imported/ebay copy carb of this style. I pay aroung $14 dollars for one instead of $100 for a brand name. Finish may be a little lacking but they seem to flow slightly more fuel and from my observations the jets are drilled more precise compared to some of the Zama's. These are drillings under the jets BTW. The underside of the jet has a membrain and it is fastened a little didderent from Zama's and prone to punch out if your moddifying these by drilling out jets, but easily put back in when pulling main jet to drill mixing hole large. Thats whay I always start by drilling the maine idel jet first because it will be pulled anyway and can check it then and put it back in before reassembeling. If you don't the membrain will come out and block the mixing orfice.....causing a major headache to track down. Don't ask me how I know this!!! LOL

Rich

Back